baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

If you go strictly by OST, then Godzilla would stay flat today. Friday:  38Sat:  38Sun:  25.2 That would give it a 101.2 mill OW.

Would OST have had actual midnights and not evening previews?

So who knows.  This means that Friday did about 29 mill, which is bigger than both Spidey and Captain.  I'm not sure what the increase will be today.  It's going to toy with 100 mill for sure.

Would OST have had actual midnights and not evening previews?

Only midnights according to Guru.

Starting out the weekend, Friday took in $34.9M including $4.7M from Thursday night's post-midnight shows. Saturday dipped by only 8% to $31.9M - good for a poorly-reviewed fourth chapter of an action series - and Sunday dropped as estimated by only 27% to $23.4M.

Haters are hanging themselves right now.

Not liking the movie because the characters and script sucked doesn't make you a hater, it just means we wanted something more from the film.

• Like 8

I can tell you there will be a major increase in NYC thats for sure(Top 2 theaters in the U.S.).

It was really bad last night, but today it's going to be perfect.

• Like 2

Only midnights according to Guru.

Starting out the weekend, Friday took in $34.9M including $4.7M from Thursday night's post-midnight shows. Saturday dipped by only 8% to $31.9M - good for a poorly-reviewed fourth chapter of an action series - and Sunday dropped as estimated by only 27% to $23.4M.

I thought it did 9.3M in Thursday night previews?

I thought it did 9.3M in Thursday night previews?

I'm talking about On Stranger Tides, you came into the middle of a different conversation.  :)

• Like 1

Very strong numbers but I don't see $100 million. Probably $96-97 million is where it will end up.

If it were to follow OST, which also opened strongly on this weekend 3 years ago, it would top 100 mill.

Very strong numbers but I don't see $100 million. Probably $96-97 million is where it will end up.

That's still pretty awesome. Who would have thought that Godzilla would beat Spiderman (and Captain America) when this was announced a few years ago?

• Like 1

That's still pretty awesome. Who would have thought that Godzilla would beat Spiderman (and Captain America) when this was announced a few years ago?

The first time I saw the trailer with a packed theater, it was met with snickers.  I think a lot of people, including me, thought, "Oh boy, another Godzilla movie...what a joke."  

But the marketing was outstanding.  The trailers really made it an event film.

• Like 4