baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Looks like I'm going alone fellas. There's a first for everything.I'm honestly going to see that Interstellar trailer but hopefully the movie is good too.

• Like 1

This things is going to win the Summer. My crowd jump of their seats to applaud

when Godzilla used the atomic breathing or whatever that was. They did it in the both times it uses it!

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

Looks like I'm going alone fellas. There's a first for everything.I'm honestly going to see that Interstellar trailer but hopefully the movie is good too.

Expect something different from the trailers.

• Like 1

So right now the studio heads are surely having conference calls about King Kong, Jaws, Piranha, Troll 3, Howard the Duck and a One-Word-Title Shitty Nic Cage Monster Movie because why not?

Prepare yourselves, the monsters are coming (back)! :D

• Like 3

One hour from now...

IMAX. Godzilla

Prepare yourself for epicness. And a pretty bad ATJ. But essentially epicness. And Interstellar.

Posted Image

• Like 1

So right now the studio heads are surely having conference calls about King Kong, Jaws, Piranha, Troll 3, Howard the Duckand a One-Word-Title Shitty Nic Cage Monster Movie because why not? Prepare yourselves, the monsters are coming (back)! :D

I've been waiting like a madman for the MCU version of Howard the Duck
  • Like 3

• Founder / Operator

rth came in late night and gave 37.5-39 after nf, deadline and co. gave out 36m.

rth is a monster. the good kind of.

What was the time delay between Deadline/etc. and Rth's reports? I didn't follow them last night.

It's important to keep in mind that Rth has direct access to actual grosses which reporting outlets like Deadline, The Wrap, THR, etc. do not. They rely on outside sources giving very rough, handed-down information most of the time--and it's often inaccurate because they report long before the day's business has concluded.

I think it's a bit unfair comparing Rth to any other source because he's not like any other source. He waits until the numbers are in and require as little guesswork as possible. That's why he's so reliable.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

What was the time delay between Deadline/etc. and Rth's reports? I didn't follow them last night.

It's important to keep in mind that Rth has direct access to official numbers which reporting outlets like Deadline, The Wrap, THR, and even BoxOffice do not. They rely on outside sources giving very rough, handed-down information most of the time--and it's often inaccurate because they report hours before Rth does when the day's business hasn't concluded yet.

I think it's a bit unfair comparing Rth to any other source because he's not like any other source. He waits until the numbers are in and require as little guesswork as possible. That's why he's so reliable.

Rth's first estimate 35-39m came pretty early. I'd say about 4pm pacific? Somewhere around there.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

It's important to keep in mind that Rth has direct access to actual grosses which reporting outlets like Deadline, The Wrap, THR, and even BoxOffice do not. They rely on outside sources giving very rough, handed-down information most of the time--and it's often inaccurate because they report hours before Rth does when the day's business hasn't concluded yet.

yeah, rth posted the new numbers about an hour later(3:15am est) after dhd, nf and hr(2:00am ish).

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

yeah, rth posted the new numbers about an hour later(3:15am est) after dhd, nf and hr(2:00am ish).

Yep. He posted right before the last Imax show. So he had a pretty good handle on the total.

• Like 2