CJohn

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising | May 20, 2016 | First Trailer on Page 8!

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Legs could be shot though. There is an onslaught of big new movies every weekend after it opens. And comedies like the Lonely Island movie and Central Intelligence in June. This summer will be so interesting to track for legs. I swear, next to nothing might even get a 3x multi. So much competition at every corner in every genre. 

I dont think Lonely Island is going to be huge competition. Do people even know what that is? Universal might move that one from its current date. 

Neighbors will have 4 weekends before Central Intelligence hits, that should be enough time to make most of its money.

Predicting 40m/125m

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Lonely Island movie is one the biggest wildcards of the summer. Could be a surprise hit or a total flop like MacGruber. If anything else, it'll most likely have the wittiest soundtrack of the year so that should give at a solid level of exposure.

Totally agree. It's breaking out or flopping, no middle ground. We shouldn't ignore it though. 

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why though? The first Hangover was a phenomenon among the college set. Is the first Neighbors really in that same league? Ted 2 would be unlikely as well though, the first wasn't nearly big enough for that kind of a drop off. 

I don't mean on the same scale.  I mean, big OW increase type of thing.  Like a 50-60m OW.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What the hell is The Lonely Island?

SNL formed comedic musical group that have had huge viral hits like "Dick in a Box", "I'm on a Boat". "Jack Sparrow", "I Just Had Sex", etc. Time to see if all those youtube hits can actually sell movie tickets. Timberlake in the movie would definitely help. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Lonely Island will be lucky to make more than 40M. People like their music videos, but who's rushing to see them in a movie when so many other blockbusters are out?

Eh, if the movie looks funny I think it could do Get Him to the Greek numbers (that movie also opened on the first weekend of June 6 years ago).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ugh, Ethan making me feel old again. :mellow: You woulda been like 5 when Dick in a Box came out.

Ugh, Ethan making me feel old again. :mellow: You woulda been like 5 when Dick in a Box came out.

:lol:

It came out 10 years ago this year.

Zac Efron was still an inoffensive Disney star then! And nobody knew who the fuck Seth Rogen was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It came out 10 years ago this year.

Zac Efron was still an inoffensive Disney star then! And nobody knew who the fuck Seth Rogen was.

And parents were practically taking out 2nd mortgages to get their daughter that $1000 Hannah Montana concert ticket. 

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Lonely Island movie is one the biggest wildcards of the summer. Could be a surprise hit or a total flop like MacGruber. If anything else, it'll most likely have the wittiest soundtrack of the year so that should give at a solid level of exposure.

I'm expecting numbers similar to The Watch.