#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I love how people are refusing to observe recent box office history in the franchise and just ride the hype. I think it will over-achieve if it hits $85 million for the three day and touch $100 million for the four day returns. If it doesn't even hit $100 million in four days I would not be the least bit surprised. A buddy of mine just got back from seeing it and said there were maybe 15 people in the theater. I don't doubt it's a very good movie. Most X-Men related movies have been. I just don't think it's going to suddenly become the "must-see" movie this weekend because a bunch of comic fans have their panties in a wad over Singer returning. The general public has it's own perception and recent history has shown that even when the films are made very well, the public at large do not turn out in droves. I see this being no different.

I love how people are refusing to observe recent box office history in the franchise and just ride the hype. I think it will over-achieve if it hits $85 million for the three day and touch $100 million for the four day returns. If it doesn't even hit $100 million in four days I would not be the least bit surprised. A buddy of mine just got back from seeing it and said there were maybe 15 people in the theater. I don't doubt it's a very good movie. Most X-Men related movies have been. I just don't think it's going to suddenly become the "must-see" movie this weekend because a bunch of comic fans have their panties in a wad over Singer returning. The general public has it's own perception and recent history has shown that even when the films are made very well, the public at large do not turn out in droves. I see this being no different.

I dunno if the 10am friday showings are a good indicator of weekend results

• Like 11

I get the feeling a lot of folks are traveling today.  My 10pm show was almost full, but when I checked online beforehand, there were seats available for the midnight show.  I wouldn't have done the midnight, with having work the next day.  There are exactly 2 movies I'd drag myself to at midnight, Avengers and Star Wars.  I'm old, lol, and that's for something really special. Just looking around the office building today and parking garage...a lot of people have started their weekend plans.  Not making excuses, because that is kind of a weaker number than I would have expected, but I do think/hope people come out for it over the holiday weekend.  It wasn't all that for me personally, but it was certainly worth seeing.

So if your opinion of GODZILLA hasn't changed Ed, why see it again if you disliked it that much???

He does enjoy it. He's just acting like he doesn't because of X-Men. After Summer is done in around September, he'll say Godzilla is not a bad movie or something to that effect.

Some folks....It's been stated here several times that we can't extrapolate weekend box office from midnight results and this one might be lower than others because it opened at 10.00pm and not 7.00pm or 8.00pm like Cap 2 or Godzilla.But still people jump the gun and say the movie is underperforming.People need to calm the fudge down.

Edited by Deathlife

Some folks....It's been stated here several times that we can't extrapolate weekend box office from midnight results and this one might be lower than others because it opened at 10.00pm and not 7.00pm or 8.00pm like Cap 2 or Godzilla.But still people jump the gun and say the movie is underperforming.People need to calm the fudge down.

It's an internet forum. Whaddaya expect. It'd be nice though if the internet was only patronized by reasonably-minded individuals. 

• Like 1

i was an x-men newbie till i joined the forums last year. for the longest time in my head this was just a plain sequel to fc and i was working off fc's ow. so i am impossible to disappoint lol.

Are you going to see Fast and Furious 12 next week?

Overshadowing Fast and Furious 12 is that Batman is being rebooted again with Robert Pattinson as the Caped Crusader.  People's holograms were going insane

• Like 3