#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

The organization who basically protect the world are actually corrupt Neo-Nazis that are trying to wipe a large chunk of the population out? How is that not dark?

i assume they're probably nazis originally, but in this movie i took them as an allegory of the NSA, which is kind of prickish but not really "dark" you know? and the final plan of mass-murder was too silly to take seriously, tbh, so it never felt real to me.

Coluses got ripped in half, longshot had his face burned off,storm was impaled, iceman got his face crushed

I was wondering if that was

Longshot

at the beginning.

This film just went up a half of a grade on that alone. :)

I'm going to rewatch DoFP on Sunday and do a double feature of it and Godzilla.

Yea I am thinking of rewatching DOFP on either sunday or monday...want to see if it holds up as well on rewatches as Cap...Hmm may be I will do a double hearder as it might be my last chance to see Cap before its taken out from my local theater...

I have to say, I was surprised by the number of comic moments in DOFP. Singer struck the perfect balance, only thing I would have liked to have seen was

a better final fight. I loved that the ending came down to a speech, but a better action scene would have helped, especially since the climactic future action scene was top notch

Good news, would be this the reason of the X-men movies have weak legs? No comic moments?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> The copycat. We now know her source. It's Gitesh.

One has 100M the other has 110M.

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke · Early Friday Box Office: 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' (Fox-3996) targeting $37M (incl $8.1M Thurs) and $100M four-day Mem Wkd.

How does a film make 37m on Friday and only 100m for a 4-Day Memorial Day weekend? Is there some Gigantor drop in there she's not including? Oh wait it's Nikki math.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> The copycat. We now know her source. It's Gitesh.

Damn, Nikki is not even trying to be subtle

$37m - and another movie in the low to mid $90s for the 3 day

She could've just fucking retweeted Gitesh? lol

But still, with 37m Fri, no way it's 100m 4-day.

Posted Image

Everyone's turning on Godzilla and it makes me sad, it was a fantastic movie.

Although I think 80% of the film sucks giant MUTO balls, I hate it when simpletons use boxoffice numbers to trash or praise a film. 

Like... "Haha! Godzilla is dropping hard because its a shitty movie!" or,  "Transformers movies are great because the GA(lolz) loves them!" Um, really? Bad movies make mountains of cash all the time and its not that uncommon for great ones to under-perform or even flop.

And I honestly hope Godzilla ends up with a big total so the sequel won't be hamstrung by any budget concerns because I think it can be really great.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1