#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

If it goes below 38m, BKB is going to come roaring back into this thread like Godzilla.

As much as I loved the new Godzilla, BKB's attitude about it makes me a bit upset I do, but then I realize I shouldn't change my opinion on a movie because somebody else does/doesn't like it.

• Like 3

Edwards taunted the audience too many times with his cutaways from the monster action.  The first time was kind of amusing and then it became annoying and unnecessary.

If the film keeps falling as hard as I believe it will, there won't be a sequel.  It will keep being delayed and delayed and just fade into oblivion.

Edwards taunted the audience too many times with his cutaways from the monster action.  The first time was kind of amusing and then it became annoying and unnecessary.

If the film keeps falling as hard as I believe it will, there won't be a sequel.  It will keep being delayed and delayed and just fade into oblivion.

Movie's going to do at least $200m domestic and $500m WW.  There will be a sequel.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

You work for WB?

• Like 1

We don't even have official Friday numbers yet, relax.

• Like 1

"Withholding" the monsters isn't taunting. It's smart filmmaking and I wish more people did it these days.

EXACTLY!  People are just so used to all of this non-stop action so when it doesn't happen it seem weird, I loved that it built up to the action, it gave the movie an actual climax.

I really liked Winter Soldier, but because of how much action was in it, it eventually just got boring and made the climax slightly dull (especially with how over the top it was).  I think Edwards may have teased a little bit to much, but it was a breath of fresh air.

• Like 2

My bestie and I wanna do something together and watch a movie, but the bitch doesn't wanna see DOFP or Godzilla.

Posted Image

Get better friends.  :ph34r:

I kid, I kid.

I thought the MUTOs were awesome - scarier than Godzilla.  The monsters were not the problem - the monsters were cool.  It was the humans who failed to be interesting when the monsters were off screen.  If the connective story was more interesting then the wait between monster smack downs wouldn't seem so long.

Yeah, the designs and the monster action was all great, thats pretty much my review in the RTM thread.  Its not really that they were held back so much, its that there was nothing there to compensate for it.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

EXACTLY!  People are just so used to all of this non-stop action so when it doesn't happen it seem weird, I loved that it built up to the action, it gave the movie an actual climax.

I really liked Winter Soldier, but because of how much action was in it, it eventually just got boring and made the climax slightly dull (especially with how over the top it was).  I think Edwards may have teased a little bit to much, but it was a breath of fresh air.

not this again. Wanting non stop action is not the reason many people were disappointed with Godzilla

• Like 2

#XMen heading to area of $37M-ish for FRI incl THU night. 3day may reach mid 90s, 4day could top $110M. Huge turnout!— Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya) May 24, 2014Boo!

That's anticlimactic. Of course I would believe in Rth numbers more though.But why is a 37M OD a "may reach mid 90s"? That's around Cap number and that one did 95M. Wouldn't 37M lead to 95M or more with holiday weekend boost?