#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Thor 2 opened big too. Didn't have good legs. Also CA1 was small overseas probably because it seemed very america specific. But TA gave CA a new image globally. So it had more room to grow than Thor 2 which already did well os with the Thor 1.

I understand all of that. Did anybody here predict Cap would make 700m worldwide? 

• Like 1

I'm stating that April still isn't as good as May.

Well, for this year at least, apparently Lego and CATWS so far has shown otherwise. 

May be still a better month overall since even mixed WOM movies can explode and make decent money.  

Seriously it's good news that studios have been trying to expand release of the "summer movies" beyond the typical May - Aug time frame.  It just goes to show good movies can make it anytime.  

Well, for this year at least, apparently Lego and CATWS so far has shown otherwise. 

May be still a better month overall since even mixed WOM movies can explode and make decent money.  

Seriously it's good news that studios have been trying to expand release of the "summer movies" beyond the typical May - Aug time frame.  It just goes to show good movies can make it anytime.  

partly because they have no choice. Not every movie can fit in the summer

So why don't you agree that It's a sequel to a movie that made 1.5B?

No I agree it's a sequel to a movie that made 370m. That's why it's Cap 2 and not Avengers 2.  Now I will concede that it's a spinoff (which is what it is).  

Did you foresee a 95m opening and 700m+ ww total?

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

No I agree it's a sequel to a movie that made 370m. That's why it's Cap 2 and not Avengers 2.  Now I will concede that it's a spinoff (which is what it is).

So what we're saying is...Cap 2 wouldn't have received a big bump had it not been for The Avengers.

I understand all of that. Did anybody here predict Cap would make 700m worldwide? 

Compared to forum expectations I'd say it's probably overperformed by about 100m. Thor 2 was a reasonable gauge to how it would do, but it turned out to be a much better movie. (Which I've still not seen. I really need to go back to the cinema one of these days.)

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

DOFP could make nearly 700m WW, wow.

I wish the Shay was here for the lizard's drops.

Baumer is doing a fine job, we don't need Shay.  :ph34r:

Worse Mays have happened (adj):

1. The Four Seasons: $144m
2. Bustin Loose: $90m
3. Take This Job and Shove It: $50m

1. BTTF III: $165m
2. Bird on a Wire: $134m
3. Cadillac Man: $50m

1. Backdraft: $147m
2. What About Bob?: $120m
3. Thelma and Louise: $86m

1. Cliffhanger: $161m
2. Dave: $121m
3. Made In America: $86m

1. Beverly Hills Cop II: $312m

2. Ernest Goes to Camp: $48m

3. Ishtar: $29m  :ph34r:

1. Crocodile Dundee II: $212m

2. Willow: $111m

3. Rambo III: $104m

Maleficent will pull 2014 ahead of 2010 for worst of the decade. 

Edited by cory

It's not really because they're just replacing one month with another, not expanding anything.

No I agree it's a sequel to a movie that made 370m. That's why it's Cap 2 and not Avengers 2.  Now I will concede that it's a spinoff (which is what it is). Did you foresee a 95m opening and 700m+ ww total?

Yes, looks like everyone did...after it has happened :lol:
  • Like 5

Not sure how Cap's WW gross was a surprise. Didn't IM3 receive a similar bump?

IM3 increased by 95% ww over IM2, and it did not have CA2 like wom. Shows how much effect TA has had.

Edited by a2k