#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Just woke up.. Long night.. So what's the word around here?? People still bitching about GODZILLA despite making it's $$$ back and X-MEN not making as much as many thought it would??? This is getting kind of old now.. The movie more than made it's $$$ back and a sequel is on the way.. What more could anyone ask for besides not having the lead in the next movie being killed off 30 minutes into the movie???

Check my post to all this nonsense, folks are ignoring that thousands dont have homes and proably

up to 100-300+ people maybe dead already BKB.... The flooding is no joke and its going to affect

business proably all the  way into the fall. Wow we may not see even the mighty Optimus Prime hitting a 100+M OW.

Folks  have far more frightening things to worry about this year, we should be actually glad we had multiple

90+M OWs... Didnt even know its so bad, and the report I just posted was from May 1st its worst now.

Universal still has the rights last I heard. Don't get your hopes up.

I heard that, too. But that was some months ago, and things can change.

http://www.comicbookbrainsplatter.com/2014/05/imperius-rex-namors-film-rights-are.html and

make me think otherwise.

A movie can still be very successful and have a disappointing performance at the same time. I don't think anyone disputes that Godzilla is a huge success and has spawned a new franchise which is literally all that studios want these days  – but its weekend hold leaves something to be desired. 

Amen and both films would have made millions more on  OW and in the case of Godzillas second weekend if not for the obvious

FEMA level disasters going  on through the NE side of America, who contribute bigtime to the BO during the summer.

Damn, if only X-Men was a Marvel Studios venture, Devin would take another perspective on this #, probably comparing it to First Class. :P

Devin Faraci @devincf  ·  1m

DOFP opened significantly below LAST STAND, despite inflation & 3D surcharge. But global should make it huge.

Edited by Adam

I heard that, too. But that was some months ago, and things can change.

http://www.comicbookbrainsplatter.com/2014/05/imperius-rex-namors-film-rights-are.html and

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

make me think otherwise.

Vejvoda from IGN: "Feige just told me in March when I asked him about those that it was another complicated situation"

Vejvoda from IGN: "Feige just told me in March when I asked him about those that it was another complicated situation"

Makes me wonder if they worked it out since then, or if it's a Hulk-like situation. Marvel has the film rights, Universal has distribution rights.

I'm 100% sure now that if It wasn't for X-Men, Godzilla would've had a 50M+ 4 day Memorial weekend. And grossing 270M DOM.

well, all movies co-exist with each other all the time. without tasm2, godzilla and x-men ca2 would have gone way past 300m. those arguments don't hold man.

• Like 1

I'm 100% sure now that if It wasn't for X-Men, Godzilla would've had a 50M+ 4 day Memorial weekend. And grossing 270M DOM.

So is most of the world Godzilla buddy, dont forget the storms are taking millions away from

Godzilla and the mighty Xmen.. Im worried about Optimus Prime  being affected, but heaven forbid

surely Optimus Prime will get enough people storms and floods be damned to make the 100+M in 3days.

" FREEDOM IS THE RIGHT OF ALL SENTIENT BEINGS!"

"" BO MUST TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT FOR PRIME!!"

• Community Manager

Just woke up.. Long night.. So what's the word around here?? People still bitching about GODZILLA despite making it's $$$ back and X-MEN not making as much as many thought it would??? This is getting kind of old now.. The movie more than made it's $$$ back and a sequel is on the way.. 

What more could anyone ask for besides not having the lead in the next movie being killed off 30 minutes into the movie???

BKB was topic banned for 24 hours for originally posting the spoiler without tags. Anyone who fails to adhere to the spoiler policy will likewise be topic banned.

• Like 7

Hollwood was just stupid to schedule summer like this. X and Zilla were always going to aim for exactly the same target audience. Ideally Maleficent would slot in between these 2.

It's not like all of the studios' executives get together for dinner/drinks a few years in advance and divy out weekends to each other...

BKB was topic banned for 24 hours for originally posting the spoiler without tags. Anyone who fails to adhere to the spoiler policy will likewise be topic banned.

Wow...You didn't have to hurt him like that...