Impact

Top 10 of 2015 predictions

I won't be surprised if Avengers did slightly below the first one, though it may have a bigger OW.

Definitely. It'd need to open to something absolutely ridiculous like 250 to match the first one. I don't think that's gonna happen

• Like 2

So thinking only MJII will go up, oh yeah I see your sig (no bias right?). Well looking at IM/IM/Thor/CAP and then IM3/Thor/TWS I would say it will increase. 530M means a 205Mish OW. Please put your predicts in the OW/DOM clubs for AOU if they aren't already in.

well i mean we're predicting mj2 without seeing mj1's run so everyone is in the blind, i'm just being optimistic. avengers 2 is coming right up though, and has no new characters with their own movies (aka gotg's success has no effect imo, plus i think it broke out on its own accord, not because of marvel brand) and the first avengers broke out, meaning it reached a bigger audience than it should have, right? that was because it was the first of its kind coupled with great reviews. but aou has nothing extra going for it now, so i'm sticking with a still-excellent 530m for a "regular" big blockbuster without anything special. i also don't think aou will go up in ow either, for the same reason: less event factor, not a break out. what clubs are these?

• Like 1

I don t know if the market can handle so many big movies in a single, year, i mean fall/winter schedule is kinda crazy with bond 24, mockingjay s farewell, star wars 7, kunf fu p 3, mi5 one of these is bound to disapoint somehow ...

• Like 1

Avengers 2 is pretty much locked for $550 million+

Star Wars Episode VII and Mockingjay 2 are pretty much locked for $400 million+

Minions is the kids movie of 2015 - $300 million isn't too impossible if Universal markets it right

Fast 7 has a whole month to itself and will be insanely hyped up 

Jurassic World has the advantage of being far away from Avengers 2 and Tomorrowland plus Chris Pratt and Universal's marketing team

Inside Out looks to be a return to form for Pixar

Bond 24 could get in the range of Skyfall if it's good 

5 of those could very easily fly past $300 million+ (Avengers 2, Star Wars VII, Mockingjay 2, Fast 7, Minions). Jurassic World and Bond 24 could also skid past the mark ($290-310 million is the range for both of those IMO) 

-Bond 24 is probably getting in the 270-300 range but 300+ is pushing it. Unless this is another Skyfall, I dont see it going any higher because of the one-two punch of Star Wars and final Hunger Games. 

-Captain America 2 was hugely hyped, and had the whole month to itself yet it still  couldn't sniff 300m. I dont think the Fast Franchise has any more room to grow even with Paul Walker's death. The Avengers 2 will completely cut off its legs.

-Jurassic World is a wildcard (imo), we dont know how audiences are  going to react. The first trailer and marketing are going to be very important because this could be another Godzilla if the cards arent played right. Not to say that Godzilla was a flop, just alright box office wise but nothing special. 

-Inside Out has potential but dont forget that its not the only animation coming out in June. Boo, Bureau of Otherworldly Operations opens two weeks before it. Jurrassic World opens the week before it and Fantastic Four opens the same weekend. Minions also opens two weeks after it. 

• Like 1

I don t know if the market can handle so many big movies in a single, year, i mean fall/winter schedule is kinda crazy with bond 24, mockingjay s farewell, star wars 7, kunf fu p 3, mi5 one of these is bound to disapoint somehow ...

Hopefully SW7. No one cares about that one, right? 

Go big or go home:

1. Episode VII - $675m

2. Avengers 2 - $580m

3. Mockingjay 2 - $425m

4. Jurassic World - $350m

5. Minions - $300m

6. Fast and Furious 7 - $265m

7. Bond 24 - $260m

8. Tomorrowland - $240m

9. Ant-Man - $235m

10. Inside Out - $225m

50 Shades is my big wild card of the year. Could see it being as huge as 250m or so, but for now will guess around the 200 mark.

Edited by MovieMan89

1. Avengers Age of Ultron - $550 Million
2. Star Wars Episode 7 - $456 Million
3. Mockingjay Part 2 - $436 Million
4. Bond 24 - $273 Million
5. Minions - $264 Million
6. The Good Dinosaur - $255 Million
7. Fast 7 - $250 Million
8. Inside Out - $232 Million
9. Ted 2 - $228 Million
10. Tomorrowland - $217 Million
  • Like 2

1. Avengers Age of Ultron - 670 Mil2. Star Wars Episode 7 - 480 Mil3. Mockingjay Part 2 - 450 Mil4. Jurassic World - 405 Mil5. Minions - 325 Mil6. The Good Dinosaur - 305 Mil7. Inside Out - 275 mil8. Ant Man - 275 Mil9. Peanuts - 255 Mil10. Bond- 250 Mil

Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Like 1

I think the most over predicted film here is Jurassic World, the movie is a wildcard on a lot of levels.

It's exactly that though, a wildcard. It could so super high or super low. No one really knows right now.

• Like 1