Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Enough with the confusion and uncertainty. Scarface is on...

"Al esfuerzo y al heroísmo de una revolución... ¡No los queremos! ¡No los necesitamos!"

Yo entiendo.

I definitely don't blame the messenger, but you know how this stuff works as well as anyone. I wouldn't report anything coming from the studio propaganda puppets on Friday afternoon. A lot of them are probably just trying to make their bosses happy before they go home Friday evening.

This is how stuff like Iron Man 2's opening letdown happens. $128m is a great opening, but it looked like a disaster after Paramount's stooges were telling anyone and everyone who would listen on Friday that it would possibly set a new weekend record at $160m.

That was truly ugly and this pales in comparison, of course.

• Like 1

Don't blame the messenger, guys. It's rather hypocritical to criticize BoxOffice for reporting what we're told, and then look past the even higher incorrect projections that others actually make based on the real data in front of them.

And by the way, that happened last week. With X-Men. And it wasn't BoxOffice.

Everyone is just having a bit of fun here. Always good to remember that early Friday estimates are almost never accurate - from any site. Everyone here just needs to have some fun sometimes (as evidenced by the DeHaan love that happened on Wednesday).

• Like 2

Don't blame the messenger, guys. It's rather hypocritical to criticize BoxOffice for reporting what we're told, and then look past the even higher incorrect projections that others actually make based on the real data in front of them.

And by the way, that happened last week. With X-Men. And it wasn't BoxOffice.

Kick Shawn hits on the head with spiderman2 bat lol. :P  Hah hah how dare ye 70M OW have a chance

for happening  Shawn... You must pay for manifesting this beatdown to existence (Lol well potentially). Seriously I hope Shawn

and others  going high with this are off.. ;-o!! I want Angie to do well but not at the expense of hurting Godzilla

and Xmen.. So heres to a more earthbound 48-55M OW :P

5:00pm Eastern Update:

Maleficent - 4.38

DOFP - 1.23

A Million Ways - 0.76

Reference Points:

Oz - 4.32

Alice- 9.2

Fast 6 (2nd Friday) - 0.93

It might happen, currently 32% ahead

• Founder / Operator

Oh Shawn. I admit we can get out of hand a bit. But I think Nikki, Deadline and Variety all get their share of grief as well. But we should show a little more restraint since Bo.com IS our host site, lol.

It's fine as a singular joke, but the jokes escalate to a point where facts get skewed. Nikki, Deadline, and Variety do the same thing we do, so I kinda defend them as well.

After all, reporting info that's being handed down is a far better option than just making shit up. I'm sure everyone here would agree on that much. :)

• Like 8

5:00pm Eastern Update:

Maleficent - 4.38

DOFP - 1.23

A Million Ways - 0.76

Reference Points:

Oz - 4.32

Alice- 9.2

Fast 6 (2nd Friday) - 0.93

Maleficent is falling behind fast, maybe we should tamp expectations down into the 60s.
  • Like 2

5:00pm Eastern Update: Maleficent - 4.38DOFP - 1.23A Million Ways - 0.76 Reference Points: Oz - 4.32Alice- 9.2Fast 6 (2nd Friday) - 0.93

Oh man i like your presence here
  • Like 1

I can think of one guy who doesn't

Posted Image

Rth knows we still love him. spatula may be Rosie Huntington-Whitely but Rth will always be our Megan Fox

• Like 11