Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Portugal and Mexico are gonna play against each other next week to prepare for the World Cup.

Holy Shit.The commentary on that game will be EPIC!!!!!!GOAL!!!!!GOAL!!!!!GOAL!!!!!GOAL!!!!!GOAL!!!!!GOAL!!!!!GOAL!!!!!GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

True, except this time I would reverse the opening weekends.

Yup!

I hope HTDTYD2 doesn't fall to 22 Street. I found the original to be an excellent movie.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Transformers 4 is gonna be the top grossing live action movie this summer.  The end times of cinema is upon us.

Hunger Games will take it DOM. WW, on the other hand, I don't know. A possible contender might be The Hobbit, seeing it's the last movie and things such as, or even a dark horse in Interstellar.

• Like 1

Hunger Games will take it DOM. WW, on the other hand, I don't know. A possible contender might be The Hobbit, seeing it's the last movie and things such as, or even a dark horse in Interstellar.

Summer.

• Like 2

You are now on the no-fly list.

The day of the game should be fun here. 

If USA wins against Ghana and Portugal loses against Germany on their first games, that game is gonna be decisive for both. 

• Founder / Operator

That's why I put the smiley Shawn, to show I was poking fun.

I understand, it's more to prevent someone else from running with it (in a non-joking manner). :)

People love talking about WOM and all, but I'm coming to the conclusion that there are certain franchises or genres that have a set fan base but need something really unique or exceptional to break out beyond that. The core group goes to see it, but the movie never really expands past that. It doesn't really have to do with toxic WOM or anything, but there's not enough there to specifically grab someone who wouldn't normally see it. So you get large (or larger-than-expected) openings but weak legs afterwards.

Obviously GODZILLA is one of these; the X-franchise is another. You could argue that the first 4 Fast/Furious movies were too, until they managed to break out with FAST FIVE.

• Like 11

• Founder / Operator

As much as I hope people keep expectations in check for Interstellar, it is definitely a dark horse contender. If Nolan lives up to himself, I won't surprised to see it in the top two of the year domestically. Maybe even over MJ1. Highly speculative, of course.

• Like 1