Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Looking at the BOM comparison, I think Godzilla will fall behind TASM2 around Tuesday or Wednesday. Currently the running total difference is 5.8M, should be whittled down to around 1-2M by the end of the weekend.

you need good education to make money.

you need money to get good education.

there's a gridlock.

It can be crippling though. I was in college '04 to '08 and I remember my parents being shocked by the cost of everything compared to when they were in school in the 70's. College costs have gone up much faster than wages or inflation.

My parents would tell us the cost of our books was more than EVERYTHING for them in the 70's. And both of us went to a state school. The private schools are even more outrageous. And it's scary to think that it has just kept on skyrocketing even since I graduated in '08. I am lucky as hell that my parents paid for my degree so I had no debt starting my career.

I'm probably biased since I got my undergrad in the oil and gas industry and it pays like crazy to be part of that field. I stumbled into it by accident though.

I used to work for an oil company. Great times. They got sold to a giant. Best job I ever had. Money everywhere.

• Like 1

It can be crippling though. I was in college '04 to '08 and I remember my parents being shocked by the cost of everything compared to when they were in school in the 70's. College costs have gone up much faster than wages or inflation.

My parents would tell us the cost of our books was more than EVERYTHING for them in the 70's. And both of us went to a state school. The private schools are even more outrageous. And it's scary to think that it has just kept on skyrocketing even since I graduated in '08. I am lucky as hell that my parents paid for my degree so I had no debt starting my career.

yeah it's crippling and not sustainable. politicians of certain ideology do want the youth to be saddled with student loans to keep them mellow and tied down. society looses it's vibrancy and voice if youth are getting out of college with a damn mortgage.

• Like 1

The American college system for tuition is so appalling. Completely fucked up system that will wreck the economy when so many of the youth are in enormous debt.

There's no real need for degrees to cost as much as they do. It's a way to get more people to go the corporate route to be able to afford a decent life and to get them to worry so much about their own debt that they don't have time to realise how badly they are being fucked over and do something about it. In Mexico higher education at public universities is free for Mexican citizens and the students protested when that was at risk. Edited by Magic
  • Like 3

I don't see any disconnect between the two eras, if only because superhero movies kept being made - to successful results - in-between 2003 and 2008. TDK took it to new levels in terms of box office and quality, sure, but it's still the same era. The genre was dead before them , it was alive after, without any significant pause in-between that and 2008.

2006 and 2007 were bad years for SH movies

Ironman started it new

If that is enough for calling it a new era, is discussable

Yea that's good...I graduated around the same time with quite a bit of debt...every month when my student loan bills come due, a small part of me dies...

There's going to be a revolution in the United States that will change its foundations and policies drastically. When 1% of the population own nearly 43% of the wealth...when they buy politicians off so they pass laws to better help serve them and not the people they should be looking out for...it's gonna come to a messy end eventually. Corporations rule the US. Completely and utterly.The 2008 economic meltdown will seem like a picnic to the inevitable one that's coming up. The rich just kept getting richer, and everyone else got poorer. But, damn...when the next financial collapse hits, things are going to get hideous.

• Like 5