Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Well, no, it hasn't. They pulled the trigger too soon on that one, making the announcement.

Eh.  While certainly this looked much more promising at first, the film is still going to cross $500M worldwide, right?  It's still going to be profitable.

We shall see.  It's OW is going to be drastically underestimated by many in this forum.

It will be but it may be just as well the female equivalent of Pacific Rim. I really don't know what to predict for it, but it is the fact that its audience practically lives on Twitter and tumblr so obviously gigantic number of tweets wont translate to 250m opening weekend.

• Like 1

Eh.  While certainly this looked much more promising at first, the film is still going to cross $500M worldwide, right?  It's still going to be profitable.

It will, but it isn't right now. I still think that they hurried to announce the sequel. Makes me think they were in the know regarding the Star Wars discussions for Edwards and wanted to announce a sequel to also get moving on tying him down. 

It will be but it may be just as well the female equivalent of Pacific Rim. I really don't know what to predict for it, but it is the fact that its audience practically lives on Twitter and tumblr so obviously gigantic number of tweets wont translate to 250m opening weekend.

Def. agree here.  And I personally think around 40% of it's OW will be its total gross.  But the fanbase is going to show up in droves come Friday.

Crossing 500M will depend completely on China and TF4. Godzilla is being released a week before Maleficent and 13 days before TF4.

It has not held well at all in the OS markets. It is at 374M currently and has basically dropped out of the charts in most OS territories, existing territories may give it 25-35M more, and the US will give it around 25M more. It needs 75M from 13 days in China and Japan. It may eke past 500M but don't see it going much higher than that.

It's a done deal Red.. Just accept it and move on.. They can only improve with the sequel and like it or not, the movie has made a profit and enough for a sequel that can only get better by improving on the mistakes of the 1st movie..

Well, I'm not losing any sleep on this one, believe me, so there's nothing to let go. And it's certainly difficult to make the second one worse, so I agree that it's bound to improve. Trust me when I say I want a sequel, cause seeing Godzilla destruction is great. I just hope they actually show it in the next one.

Def. agree here.  And I personally think around 40% of it's OW will be its total gross.  But the fanbase is going to show up in droves come Friday.

Or it will have amazing legs and go for Blind Side sort of run towards huge total. I'm clueless about this one, EOT is infinitely easier to predict than Fault

Even though that domestic number is slightly disappointing I cant complain given that worldwide number, completely makes up for it. Will this give the Captain a challenge worldwide?

Even though that domestic number is slightly disappointing I cant complain given that worldwide number, completely makes up for it. Will this give the Captain a challenge worldwide?

Most definitely on the track to beat it worldwide.

• Like 1

I've never seen 12 Angry Men.Is it that good?

It's excellent!  Cobb would have stolen the entire movie if Fonda did have the chops to be the other side of the coin.   In fact, even the remake is rather good.

Now back to page 163.  I've got a lot of reading to do.

Edited by Ruthie