Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Why did people in the East Coast not like F6 as much?  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I don't think that's it. Street racing is a big deal in certain parts of southern california. I mean a big deal. And the early films were set here.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

WAIT 

which coast likes the fast and furious movies again?

Every coast.

I WONDER IF DEY KNOW, HOW DEY LIVE IN TOKYO.

FAST AND FURIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, TICK, TICK TICK.

Best series.

• Like 1

What do y'all think about the X-Men and Fast & Furious demographics? I tend to think F&F appeals more to guys in their 30's and 40's, while I could easily see X-Men appealing more to college age kids.That could provide a discrepancy in both matinee and night time shows, since the dudes in their 30's and 40's are working during the day while college kids are out of school right now.Probably total bullshit speculation, but that's just the gut feeling I get from the types of movies they are.

Demographics X-Men is more white, Fast is more ethnic. Also I would argue the opposite that X-Men appeals to men in their 30s and 40s and Fast appeals to a younger crowd. Also Fast gets more women too I believe.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I'm pretty sure the usual suspects here(me included) would not really be pissed if you had made that update. We all know you're just reporting, not extrapolating from the air. ;)

It also doesn't help that it happened on a very bad day to begin with, so my pride's a part of the equation. As much as I've enjoyed analyzing box office for half of my life, the cost is that I take it a little personally sometimes (even when I know I shouldn't).

• Like 5

It also doesn't help that it happened on a very bad day to begin with, so my pride's a part of the equation. As much as I've enjoyed analyzing box office for half of my life, the cost is that I take it a little personally sometimes (even when I know I shouldn't).

Aww Shawn, we love you! You gave us a home after BOM, you worked your ass off to get this place up and running and have done a fabulous job here. Without you we wouldn't have even found Rth or spatula. You are our true god :wub: Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 2