Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I cant believe some of u, members who have been members for a while, actually need some things explained to u in such detail

Believe what u want. Im not going to spoon feed u and explain things u should know by now.

Edited by baumer

Why do you like Stannis so much?

Because Stannis is the one true king

It is not a question of wanting. The throne is mine, as Robert's heir. That is law. After me, it must pass to my daughter, unless Selyse should finally give me a son. I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations. But only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done after the Trident.

• Like 3

Anyone watching the French Open?Pretty dull

I was watching for a bit...Djokovic just looked spent...I wonder if the rumors of him being sick are true because he looks like he doesn't want to be there...

Why do people simply wave their hands and ask why didn't WB make EDGE for 100m? You knock 40% of the budget away, you get a correspondingly smaller movie.

But isn't Edge of Tom trying to be a brainy, crossword puzzle for adults?  Isn't the bulk of the audience over 25?  If it is trying to be the "smart" summer movie for brainy adults, then adults don't really care much about special effects or video game sequences, so it is fine to cut the budget and make it smaller.  Adults going for story and brains won't care if it is smaller.

I really am not understand these comparisons between the 2nd weekend drops of Godzilla, X-Men and TASM2 to Maleficent. Shouldn't Maleficent be compared to Oz?

• Like 5

The higher you open, the harder you fall.

Really?? Are you serious? Do you really want a list of films that opened higher than DOFP, TASM 2 and Godzilla but still had smaller drops. Why are you so stubbornly insistent?

Avengers, Iron Man 3, The Dark Knight, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Iron Man 2, Shrek the Third, Alice in Wonderland, Spider-Man, Toy Story 3, Star Wars: Episode 3, Shrek 2

All opened to more than $100M and fell less than 60% on their second weekend (some of them actually fell less than 50%).

Educate yourself: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/smallestdrops.htm?page=DROP3000&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm

I had a feeling that Maleficient would have a good 2nd weekend, regardless of critics/audience reviews.  I am of the belief that reviews from critics or audience word of mouth don't mean much for kiddie fare or animated movies - they are often just babysitting time-killers for families and kids.  I think Pixar movies would stil be huge hits if they had 60% ratings on RT instead of their typical 90%.  Mal should finish around 210 or 220 million domestic simply because only it and Dragon 2 are playing to the babysitting crowd over the next month.

Not huge, maybe not even big.