Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Let's also not forget Dragon could very well be number 1 next weekend. TLAM will have a good Friday but that's about it. And Jersey Boys won't come close, though I do hope its a mini-breakout. The play is awesome

• Like 1

Aw... Sucks for Dragon. Hope legs can make a comeback. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm thirsting to. I just don't know if my three-year-old can handle it. Does the May/June box office seem.... Lacking to y'all? It might be one of the best reviewed BO's in a while, with a lot of blockbusters being certified fresh, but nothing's breaking out. Weird.

Aw... Sucks for Dragon. Hope legs can make a comeback.I haven't seen it yet, but I'm thirsting to. I just don't know if my three-year-old can handle it.Does the May/June box office seem.... Lacking to y'all? It might be one of the best reviewed BO's in a while, with a lot of blockbusters being certified fresh, but nothing's breaking out. Weird.

I think Apes will break out who knows though.

• Like 1

This has been such a weird summer but we probably all saw it coming. On one hand, there is no movie that really stands out as an "OMG I just HAVE to see that" event, but on the other is the strange scheduling. 8 $45M+ openers over 7 consecutive weeks (as well as titles that have- or had- potential like Edge of Tomorrow)? Yeesh. And it's even more odd when you consider that there are only two movies (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy) guaranteed $30M+ openings over the entire second half of the season. The lower than expected box office returns this summer are really the studios paying the price for such dumb scheduling, IMO.

• Like 1

This has been such a weird summer but we probably all saw it coming. On one hand, there is no movie that really stands out as an "OMG I just HAVE to see that" event, but on the other is the strange scheduling. 8 $45M+ openers over 7 consecutive weeks (as well as titles that have- or had- potential like Edge of Tomorrow)? Yeesh. And it's even more odd when you consider that there are only two movies (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy) guaranteed $30M+ openings over the entire second half of the season. The lower than expected box office returns this summer are really the studios paying the price for such dumb scheduling, IMO.

So you don't think Transformers will have a 30 Million Opening?

Posted Image

Posted Image

No but seriously, this underperforming by Dragon is going to seriously mess up with people's top 10. Just like Star Trek last summer.

Mine is already fucked by Seth MacFarlane flop. Plus 22 Jump Street and Maleficent are gonna fly past my predictions.