Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Reasons today is poo:

The months-long effort to get my health insurance sorted out is still not taken care of. I have no clue when it will be.

I realized I have to pay my taxes. So much for that paycheck.

While doing work today, I realized how old and terrible my phone is, but i can't really afford to replace it.

The recurring thought that I also need a new computer remains, but due to taxes, I couldn't possibly buy a new one.

A friend I've been needing to have a long, serious conversation with has apparently been avoiding me. I've been simmering with low level anger for a week.

Shawn's leaving the forum.

Frozen's starting to drop in Japan.

Oh, and that Dragon opening.

I want a do over.

• Like 1

Reasons today is poo: The months-long effort to get my health insurance sorted out is still not taken care of. I have no clue when it will be.I realized I have to pay my taxes. So much for that paycheck.While doing work today, I realized how old and terrible my phone is, but i can't really afford to replace it.The recurring thought that I also need a new computer remains, but due to taxes, I couldn't possibly buy a new one.A friend I've been needing to have a long, serious conversation with has apparently been avoiding me. I've been simmering with low level anger for a week.Shawn's leaving the forum.Frozen's starting to drop in Japan.Oh, and that Dragon opening. I want a do over.

Hang tough, buddy.

Audiences are ridiculous. I understood the low opening of the original Dragon, but its legs made me sure that people recognized how great it was. So what's the goddamn problem now? Remember when I said the 5X multipilier for this is impossible, well, fuck that. I want my fucking 300m domestic.

• Like 4

See the depressing thing is....Maleficent could've been good. Its script is total garbage though.

TASM2 is a plotless, straight from that first brain storming session messy draft dressed up in a so called finished product and deserves to be outgross by an average one that is technically a movie with a plot whatever it is...especially when that said movie only needed to deliver a simple plot and exploit one of the biggest liked character ever to hit those financial heights.

When you waste that much of a goodwill, ruin future sequels of one of the most beloved character, own one of the biggest property in movie industry, a property that only need to be maximized in a good  movie year in year out, you deserve a slap in the face and a kick in the butt.

I hope the shame that will come out of it will give Avi Arad and Sony a reality check.  Just because you own a property that will gross tremendously no matter what, doesn't mean that you can keep on ruining it to the point of delivering one of the laziest, neglected draft that wouldn't even been greenlit to go into production if it was any other.  

That TASM2 is technically a mess of a movie not just a mediocre movie.  It's a bag full of ideas put together without coherence whatsoever.

Edited by Ent

Wow, that's just terrible for HTTYD2 .... people were expecting it to cross 100m OW just months ago. Now it's just similar to the first one.

DWA has officially flopped now. Flops after flops. Now even the most anticipated sequel of their best work in history underperformed.

• Like 2