#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Same as the first. 

So TLAM2 will DEFINITELY open below the first move then, since it is a sequel and sequels are more frontloaded. Below 33m OW means 22JS has a great shot at take the first place finish this weekend! :D

EDGE OF TOMORROW took in an estimated $3.01M on Friday. Domestic total now stands at $67.18M. #EdgeOfTomorrow

+77%

Even better number.  

Only a 34% drop from last Friday.

MALEFICENT took in an estimated $4.01M on Friday. Domestic total now stands at $176.98M. #Maleficent

This movie isn't going down.  Only -31% from last Friday.   And with no new direct competition for a while.  Looks like it's heading to around 220.

• Like 2

the 32 drop for MAL.

220M Domestic?

220M Domestic, seem possible maby even higher.

We will have to wait untill next weekend to know for sure, It's nog 14M behind OZ and this weekend will be bigger than OZ 4th weekend. (For the first time). If the weekdays are better and the weekend drops stay low, than 230 seems possible.

Weekend est: Fri: 4M Sat: 5.1M and Sun 3.9M so that would be 13M weekend and OZ did 11.8M so that would be good.

Btw: OZ had holiday on friday

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 2

220M Domestic, seem possible maby even higher.

We will have to wait untill next weekend to know for sure, It's nog 14M behind OZ and this weekend will be bigger than OZ 4th weekend. (For the first time). If the weekdays are better and the weekend drops stay low, than 230 seems possible.

Weekend est: Fri: 4M Sat: 5.1M and Sun 3.9M so that would be 13M weekend and OZ did 11.8M so that would be good.

Btw: OZ had holiday on friday

thanks. So we should resuscitate that thread Maleficent > OZ :)

• Like 2

I concede that Maleficent may win the summer. Good job Disney, Jolie fans etc etc.

I don't like it, but time to close that chapter now.

Just showing bloody strong legs so somebody must be enjoying it.

• Like 1

QFTT

The saga continues.  When we last left our little story LEGO had pulled ahead after WB revised it's early estimate of $225k - after Disney reported an actual that put CAP in front and ahead by 4k - up to $241k and up thereby taking the lead by about $10k.

But something interesting happened sometime over the week as WB continued to report dailies and pulled more in front while Disney didn't deign to count and report such low sums -  WB under cover of night - revised it's w/e actuals once again - down to $227k which means CA2 was actually ahead last w/e though denied it'd day at the top.

20 15 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $274,842 -34.1% 223 -94 $1,232 $256,334,467 $170 11

24 18 The LEGO Movie WB $227,240 -21.1% 301 +27 $755 $256,330,271 $60 19

Alas we'll have to wait until Sunday to see what further intrigue and shenanigans WB has up it's sleeve.  Tune in tomorrow for As The Snail Races.

OK what I personally don't get is why? Disney already reported they had the highest grossing movie.

Who, besides us, would even check?

I think its going to be close between DOFP and Mal. But something gonna break out and gross over 250M. I think TF4 is the only one left and it will probably do it. Apes could go either way though based on this summer run I dont see it gross that much. It will probably do between 150-200M. Otherwise I dont see anything grossing even 200M.