#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Yeah, the one with Fry's dog, the one with Fry's brother/clover, and the one with the space bees were all outstanding.

jurassic bark was good, but the clover one was the one that really hit me. reminded me of me and my brothers.

the (first) series finale was also pretty sweet, I thought.

• Like 2

No offence to no one, but I can't understand how you can cry from watching a cartoon.

Shame you think that way. Are you insecure with yourself? It's okay, we can talk about it. =]

• Like 2

Yeah, the one with Fry's dog, the one with Fry's brother/clover, and the one with the space bees were all outstanding.

I have never cried in my life but that dog episode had me a little misty eyed...

Posted Image

• Like 1

No offence to no one, but I can't understand how you can cry from watching a cartoon.

Just cause it's a cartoon, doesn't mean you can't cry, if your real into a film animation or not, you'll get teary eyed or emotional when something bad happens.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

seriously don't tell anyone about this one but an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender got me emotional too.

when Iroh is singing some lullaby for his dead son's birthday and he breaks down crying. oh man.

• Like 3

seriously don't tell anyone about this one but an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender got me emotional too.

when Iroh is singing some lullaby for his dead son's birthday and he breaks down crying. oh man.

Oh yeah, that one really got me too. Absolutely outstanding.

I actually don't enjoy watching that episode, because I know what it will do to me.

• Like 1

Was that the episode that was divided into different parts and Uncle Iroh had tea with the muggar or something. I thought that episode was really sad. 

• Like 1

Hollywood execs seem very risk-averse all around. International receipts are also a bigger deal than ever so a lot of the "urban" films don't play overseas, so there's a push for movies with black casts to be something tried and true.

I think the "it won't play overseas" is a bunch of b.s.  There are plenty of stories that can be told that have universal appeal among people internationally.  Right, something like the history of American civil rights is probably going to bore people overseas the same way a movie about Italian history is going to bore American audiences to death.  But there are tons of other stories that could be told that would do fine overseas. 

Edited by Ando81
  • Like 1

dammit, just thinking about that Uncle Iroh episode (on top of the Futurama clover episode) put a tear in my eye right now

• Like 1