#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

So considering how poorly JB did at night, what does that mean for the legs the rest of this weekend and going forward?

Does that mean it'll have a built-in daytime audience of older folks which will wind up giving it good legs (Last Vegas?), or does it mean that there was a specific group of people who wanted to see it, and once they're done, it'll fall even worse?

hesitating between edge of tomorrow and think like a man 2, one is at 4.20pm the other 4.50pm

leaning toward edge as its finally in 2D here ,after 2 weeks in 3D ughhh and TLAM2 is here for a bit as its  a popular film with popular cast in the caribbean , thinking that can wait next week 

i'm drowsy ,went to sleep at 5am this morning watching a mexican telenovela on youtube lol

need to get out of the house and away from laptop/lounging in bed 

Never cared for the potter movies. Haven't seen a single one of them to date. Have read all the books, but never felt the need to watch the movies at all.

Same actually. Except that I haven't read the books either

Edited by Blankments

Awesome # for Jersey Boys. Could be a 100m+ grosser if it opens around 30m. I came so close to putting it in my top 17 in the BSG too, damn,

The joys of jumping to conclusions off of RTH estimates

I don't get the Lego/Winter Soldier gamesmanship. Winter Soldier will ultimately win since Lego will take a huge box-office hit now that it's on DVD, right?

Get Rich or Die Trying?

Posted Image

I actually saw this opening weekend. All I remember is Fiddy's perpetual blank face (the love interest had some dialogue about how he kept his emotions inside of him, lol no, he just couldn't act) and one particular fight scene. I still don't know how they talked Terrence Howard into that one.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Dragon being dark isn't what is hurting it. Toy Story 3 faced similar criticism from the usual overly concerned parents and did $415 million.

I loved HTTYD2 but I don't think the contents are the reason the movie is underperforming. 

But to be fair, Dragon 2 is a lot darker and less humor filled than TS3

I've read many comments with parents complaining about THAT scene making their kids cry badly.

Those kids are sissies. The real part to cry in Dragon 2 is tears of joy earlier on the film. My mom, my dad, and I were all sobbing together

Pfft, The Lion King did it FAR more traumatically. I mean that shit was scarring to million of kids in my generation. Didn't stop the movie from being  a phenomenon though.

Eh, I kinda see where those people are coming from though. It's sad to see the dad die, but to have him be killed by the adorable animal sidekick under mind control? That's just traumatizing

• Like 1