La Binoche

Tues #s (Rth): 22j 4.4,HTTYD2 4.3,TLAM2 2.5,Malef 2.3,JB 2

I think the tragedy aspect of the HTTYD movies is what are keeping alot of kids an families away. I mean the last one he lost his leg and in this one

HIs father got killed

the first 10 minutes of Up and the last minutes were way more dramatic. The movie grossed 290m. Wall-E was more risky and it grossed 220m without 3D and unadjusted.
  • Like 2

the first 10 minutes of Up and the last minutes were way more dramatic. The movie grossed 290m. Wall-E was more risky and it grossed 220m without 3D and unadjusted.

I'm not really talking about the dramatic aspects but the tragic moments. 

• Like 1

I'm not really talking about the dramatic aspects but the tragic moments. 

The only one comparable to HTTYD2 was

The Lion King, which made and insane amount of money. It's hard to peg the tragedy as a reason because not many animated movies have attempted something like it since.

• Like 1

The only one comparable to HTTYD2 was

The Lion King, which made and insane amount of money. It's hard to peg the tragedy as a reason because not many animated movies have attempted something like it since.

True, I guess the Lion King had more of a unique aspect to it back then similar to Titanic. I think people now expect animated movies to be more light hearted and comedic like most if not all of them are nowadays. 

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

Days of Future Past is only 7.5m behind Last Stand and its dailies are now doubling it, is there a chance this could become highest X-Men domestic?

Yes, but it depends on how hard it is hit by TF4.
  • Like 3

Days of Future Past is only 7.5m behind Last Stand and its dailies are now doubling it, is there a chance this could become highest X-Men domestic?

Going to be very close.

• Like 1

This Week's Predictions 

Transformers: Age of Extinction will win the weekend by a large margin without question, but what may be interesting to see is how last week's Top 3 movies end up and whether the presence of Michael Bay's latest may hurt some of the stronger movies allowing the only PG family film, DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon 2, to pull ahead of them. With the entry into the Top 10 being less than a million, there's also an opportunity for a limited release to expand wider and break into the Top 10, but it's hard to see what could do that well.

1. Transformers: Age of Extinction (Paramount) - $103.4 million NA

2. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation, 20th Century Fox) - $15 million -41%

3. 22 Jump Street (Sony) - $14.8 million -49%

4. Think Like a Man Too (Sony/Screen Gems) - $14.1 million -53%

5. Jersey Boys (Warner Bros.) - $7.8 million -42%

6. Maleficent (Walt Disney Pictures) - $7.2 million -45%

7. Edge of Tomorrow (Warner Bros) - $5.5 million -47%

8. The Fault in Our Stars (20th Century Fox) - $5 million -42%

9. X-Men: Days of Future Past (20th Century Fox) - $2.8 million -55%

10. Chef (Open Road) - $1.1 million -35%

Read more: The Weekend Warrior: Transformers: Age of Extinction - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=119796#ixzz35euESVTg 

:unsure:

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2

First Class also dropped 56% against TF3 (Wednesday release) with an inflated Sunday. Otherwise drop would have been around 60%.

DOFP will be at 220m after Thursday. The weekend would probably be around 2.5m. I can only see it getting 230m from there.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 2

Another 1 million for DOFP, -16% from last Tuesday. Theatre average only down 5%  :wub:

First Class also dropped 56% against TF3 (Wednesday release) with an inflated Sunday. Otherwise drop would have been around 60%.

DOFP will be at 220m after Thursday. The weekend would probably be around 2.5m. I can only see it getting 230m from there.

And I'm fine with that. Beating TLS is icing but this film has done exactly what the studio and fans wanted. A unique moment of symmetry this summer. 

• Like 1

This Week's Predictions

1. Transformers: Age of Extinction (Paramount) - $103.4 million NA

250m wouldn't be a lock with a sub-105m ow.

2. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation, 20th Century Fox) - $15 million -41%

Up took a hit when TF3 opened. It fell 44.4% compared to previous drops of 35.2%, 30.3%, 23.6%. http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=up.htm Dragon 2 could drop 45% imo.

7. Edge of Tomorrow (Warner Bros) - $5.5 million -47%

Would be solid for EoT to fall just 47%.

9. X-Men: Days of Future Past (20th Century Fox) - $2.8 million -55%

Probably loosing a lot of screens too

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1