La Binoche

Tues #s (Rth): 22j 4.4,HTTYD2 4.3,TLAM2 2.5,Malef 2.3,JB 2

So I had a dream last night that TF4 did $25 million Friday... 

... and then jumped to a $91 million Saturday. I don't remember seeing a number for Sunday, but if I am precognitive then TF4 is going to have a ton of walk-ups on Saturday.

Dreaming about boxoffice numbers, that's the way to go! If these numbers are right, I will worship you as the new prophet :worthy:

• Like 3

To me, it was very satisfying seeing Catching Fire beat Iron Man 3 to the #1 crown and then Frozen, out of nowhere ripping both worldwide and overseas from its grasp. This year, Maleficent may outgross Dragon 2, but it won't come close to Lego or Cap...that are also lording it over the rest. Plus it will be beaten by a couple other films, so although it sucks, at least it's not winning the year or anything.

Why was it satisfying? Because you preferred those movies to IM3 or because you preferred girls to dominate BO?I have nothing against movie with female leads but it's tiresome to see people made it a big deal every time these movies dominated BO.
  • Like 1

Why was it satisfying? Because you preferred those movies to IM3 or because you preferred girls to dominate BO?I have nothing against movie with female leads but it's tiresome to see people made it a big deal every time these movies dominated BO.

Because they were better movies than IM3.

IM3 was horrendous. Worst IM movie yet. Worst sequel to a Marvel film from Marvel. Worst Marvel film from Marvel too it would seem.

• Like 2

I agree with BK007. Catching Fire was actually a good movie compared to Iron Man 3. Iron Man 3 was downright horrible. Not just one of the worst Marvel movies of superhero movies, but one of the most horrible movies I've seen in general. I, too, am tired to see bad movies dominating box office, so Catching Fire dominating was a welcomed change of pace.

• Like 3

I do always enjoy the extreme and exaggerated meltdowns. This has turned out to be a very exciting summer.

the numbers and runs might be boring, but u cant see that from the weekend and daily threads. Edited by CrispyLips
  • Like 2

I think the tragedy aspect of the HTTYD movies is what are keeping alot of kids an families away. I mean the last one he lost his leg and in this one

HIs father got killed

Oh NO. How DARE an animated film deal with sadness. Heaven forbid.
  • Like 2

Because they were better movies than IM3.

IM3 was horrendous. Worst IM movie yet. Worst sequel to a Marvel film from Marvel. Worst Marvel film from Marvel too it would seem.

I loved IM3. So no I don't agree with you at all.

• Like 4

I agree with BK007. Catching Fire was actually a good movie compared to Iron Man 3. Iron Man 3 was downright horrible. Not just one of the worst Marvel movies of superhero movies, but one of the most horrible movies I've seen in general. I, too, am tired to see bad movies dominating box office, so Catching Fire dominating was a welcomed change of pace.

I disagree. IM3 wasn't horrible. I loved it. Catching Fire was great too.

• Like 3

According to Fandango, 'Transformers' sales are on par with recent hits 'Captain America,' 'Godzilla' and 'X-Men.' pic.twitter.com/bR5RU4DmFZ— Box Office Mojo (@boxofficemojo) June 25, 2014

What are those on top of Optimus Prime? Gas pipes? So presales on par with the recent 90M openers. Should open higher than those movies then since TF is not fan-driven as those.
  • Like 2

What are those on top of Optimus Prime? Gas pipes?So presales on par with the recent 90M openers. Should open higher than those movies then since TF is not fan-driven as those.

Are you sure about that? 

• Like 1

I loved IM3. So no I don't agree with you at all.

Nah, I didn't like it at all. Iron Man 3 was Godzilla of 2013. Misleading marketing. Lame jokes. Lame villains. Lame everything.

• Like 2