La Binoche

Tues #s (Rth): 22j 4.4,HTTYD2 4.3,TLAM2 2.5,Malef 2.3,JB 2

Hobbit is the only certain one for a big OW. We'll see how big Apes, TMNT, and GoTG's OWs are.

Hobbit's opening weekend won't even be that big really. Around 70 to 80m.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

lol y'all remember Pointman v the Potterheads that summer on BOM? Good times

Yes. Where is Pointman? His other movie was Tron Legacy. How can we forget that guy?

• Like 1

Hobbit's opening weekend won't even be that big really. Around 70 to 80m.

If WB hypes it up as basically the final film Peter Jackson is doing in the LoTR verse then it'll have a big OW.
  • Like 2

Hobbit 3.

Not many, but here are some outside contenders:Apes, Guardians, Big Hero 6, Interstellar, Exodus, and Hobbit 3. Not saying they will all cross 90 mil (though hopefully Hobbit will), the rest I see over 60 to 80 mil.

Hobbit is the only certain one for a big OW. We'll see how big Apes, TMNT, and GoTG's OWs are.

Thanks everybody.

• Like 4

What did Hobbit 2 open to? In the 70s range, right? I don't see how it'll jump to 90M+ with the same release pattern. Finale rush factor I guess, but still, that's a big jump.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Great? How? That means it might not make $250M. Which is a bad drop.

LOL It doesn't mean that at all. Should have good walk up business in addition to the pre sales.

• Like 2

What did Hobbit 2 open to? In the 70s range, right? I don't see how it'll jump to 90M+ with the same release pattern. Finale rush factor I guess, but still, that's a big jump.

Finale factor + Smaug was much better received than the first one, no?

• Like 3

Yeah. Also, Hobbit 3 is opening on a Wed. I see the ow in 60s.

Edit: or even 50s.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Hobbit 3 opens Wednesday. OW will be lower due to that.
  • Like 2

Finale factor + Smaug was much better received than the first one, no?

I wouldn't know. My friends refused to see it with me after watching the first one. So...And I haven't heard much about it from my people last year. It was all about Oscar movies, CF and Frozen.
  • Like 1