La Binoche

Tues #s (Rth): 22j 4.4,HTTYD2 4.3,TLAM2 2.5,Malef 2.3,JB 2

LOS ANGELES - June 25, 2014 - According to Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, "Transformers: Age of Extinction," has scored 95 out of 100 points on the company's Fanticipation movie buzz indicator, the year's highest score to date. Michael Bay's latest sci-fi action adventure is outselling all previous "Transformers" movies at the same point in the Fandango sales cycle, and is pacing similarly to "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Godzilla" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past."Currently, the film represents 96% of Fandango's weekend ticket sales and is poised for the year's top opening at the box office to date.According to a survey of more than 1,000 "Transformers" ticket-buyers on Fandango:92% have seen previous "Transformers" movies on the big screen;

83% are fans of director Michael Bay;

76% say the addition of Mark Wahlberg increased their interest in the movie;

75% claim the Dinobots made them more excited to see it;

66% picked Grimlock as the Dinobot they most wanted to see;

54% picked Optimus Prime as their favorite Autobot, while 41% picked Bumblebee.

Comparison to previous TF movies is frankly useless as they didn't open on the weekend, and also Fandango and Movietickets have actually increased their user base by a lot in the past year itself - which is why historical comparisons are also not great anymore. The Cap 2, Spidey and Godzilla comps on the other hand are pretty good to see. 

Calling it now, if actuals are 97M or in that range, TF4 gets Puerto Ricod to 100M.

• Like 1

I loved IM3. So no I don't agree with you at all.

Didn't ask you to agree with me.

I'm glad Catching Fire won otherwise IM3 would be the worst winner since Spider Man 3 or Revenge of the Sith.

Revenge of the Sith is a terrible movie. SW fans will give you TPM or AOTC if they even give you anything, but ROTS is by far the worst SW movie, completely butchering the lead up to the OT.

• Like 1

Didn't ask you to agree with me.

I'm glad Catching Fire won otherwise IM3 would be the worst winner since Spider Man 3 or Revenge of the Sith.

Revenge of the Sith is a terrible movie. SW fans will give you TPM or AOTC if they even give you anything, but ROTS is by far the worst SW movie, completely butchering the lead up to the OT.

I disagree with this too.

• Like 3

Transformers is in such an enviable position. No big movies opened the week prior to its release, no big movies are opening the week of its release and no big movies will open the week after its release.

Really doesn't matter. Transformers will do what it will do regardless of the competition imo.

• Like 1

Have there been any other Dinobots besides Grimlock in the marketing so far? Because when I watched the trailers, I just thought that only Grimlock would be in it.

Strafe was in the 2nd trailer briefly. The other Dinobots are in the TV spots a lot though.
  • Like 3

No they don't. The same as everybody doesn't hate what what everybody else does either.

I'm sorry, why do you keep quoting my posts out of context?

lol, no but constant bitching is tiresome. I loathed Godzilla after watching it but you don't see me bitching about it on a daily basis like people do to Maleficent or IM3(over a year ago).  ;)  :P

I wasn't around to bitch about Iron Man 3 then and I mentioned it once here in response to someone who was on the verge of crumbling to an agenda when they alluded to "female drive films" dominating the box office. I'm sure people were around last year harping on female power must've shifted a few butts uncomfortably on a male dominated site, but I wasn't stirring anything up besides the fact I liked CF and did not like IM3.

• Like 1