John Marston

Thursday Numbers (RTH) HTTYD2 3.1,22J 2.9,Malef/TLAM2 1.7 | actuals on p19

I would recommend banning likes and gifs for a few weeks, set up clear rules for thread going off the topic to clean up Box office forums. I dont think there should be fascination around quantity but focus on thread being on the topic.

Posted Image

This looked like it was going to be an "off" summer heading into the season, and the reality that it has turned out to be a pretty weak summer is a surprise for a number of people? Something does not compute.

Of course it always looked weak, but I think it's obvious that most of the few blockbuster candidates underperformed. I don't think many people expected TASM 2 to barely cross 200m.

This looked like it was going to be an "off" summer heading into the season, and the reality that it has turned out to be a pretty weak summer is a surprise for a number of people? Something does not compute.

I'd rather have this summer than last year's. Yeah, it sucks that good movies are not doing as well as they could, but it's nice to cheer for them than be excited for shit like Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Fast Six and co. doing well when they don't deserve it.

Seriously IM3 making nearly double DOFP? Preposterous.

• Like 1

I'd rather have this summer than last year's. Yeah, it sucks that good movies are not doing as well as they could, but it's nice to cheer for them than be excited for shit like Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, Fast Six and co. doing well when they don't deserve it.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Nothing preposterous about it. Iron Man Three was great, and came off better recieved, and higher grossing, previous movies than DOFP did. Had a much higher ceiling than DOFP ever did.

• Like 1

I would recommend banning likes and gifs for a few weeks, set up clear rules for thread going off the topic to clean up Box office forums. I dont think there should be fascination around quantity but focus on thread being on the topic.

Then we may as well fucking go to IMDb. This place is cool because of the users and the way we interact, sometimes with pure bullshit. Take that away, and the magic is gone.

• Like 9

I understand some members frustrations, but some are being dramatic. Banning likes and gifs? This summer already sucks, dont pressure the Mods to go all North Korea and make it worse.Yes we need to be better with derails, but goodness. Do we even have numbers yet?

• Like 8

Of course it always looked weak, but I think it's obvious that most of the few blockbuster candidates underperformed. I don't think many people expected TASM 2 to barely cross 200m.

Yeah, they underwhelmed in comparison to even the lowest expectations, but just because it's summer doesn't mean people will automatically flock to the theater just because. There are other- and certainly more fulfilling- things to do than to sit in a movie theater watching a nearly three-fuckin'-hours-long Transformers movie.

Nothing preposterous about it. Iron Man Three was great, and came off better recieved, and higher grossing, previous movies than DOFP did. Had a much higher ceiling than DOFP ever did.

Bolded part is very correct.

But it was not a great movie. It was barely good.

• Like 1

Just Avengers. IM2 did not have better reception that First Class.  So not a surprise that IM3 had much bigger ceiling release an year after Avengers.

I understand some members frustrations, but some are being dramatic. Banning likes and gifs? This summer already sucks, dont pressure the Mods to go all North Korea and make it worse.Yes we need to be better with derails, but goodness. Do we even have numbers yet?

Not previews, no. And really, Thursday previews should probably be part of a new Friday thread than an old Thursday thread.

Dont worry. I aint no mod and just gave my opinion bcos baumer brought it up.

Continue with your convo and gifs. 

So, the only thing stopping us from that craziness is you not being a mod? Thank God...and may He keep on protecting us!

• Like 1

Just Avengers. IM2 did not have better reception that First Class.  So not a surprise that IM3 had much bigger ceiling release an year after Avengers.

No, but IM2 was better than X3. Even if there had been no Avengers bump, and it decreased from IM2, it still probably would've done over 300m thanks to a 3D bump.

the mods have to act like dicktators... it's a sociological experiment.

• Like 2