CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

This box office deserves a better class of movies.

one could also say, 'this class of movies derserves better box office'

imo asm2 was easily better than asm1...and dofp, EoT, HTTYD2 all derserved more going by the reception.

• Like 5

This is just pathetic advertising.

This film isn't even denying how much of a ripoff of E.T. it is. Even the score sounds similar.

I just find it hilarious how they need celebrity endorsements. Also the whole "GUYS EARTH TO ECHO IS SO COOL IT'S GONNA SELLOUT EVERY DAY

I do want to see Earth to Echo. It looks so cute :wub:

That desperate ad though

• Like 3

Perhaps, it's going to perform less like a sequel and more like an original film this time, i.e. less frontloaded...

RTX! I forgot you were a Transformers fan  :wub:

You'll be here for Avengers 2 next May, right?

• Like 2

imo asm2 was easily better than asm1...and dofp, EoT, HTTYD2 all derserved more going by the reception.

HTTYD2 should have done way better than it did.

• Like 1

Or one could also say "This year deserves a better class of movie with better box office" ...... :D

• Like 1

I think I have seen the previews for Earth to Echo before almost every movie I have seen the last several months. So glad I'll never have to see a piece of marketing for it ever again after next.

Edited by filmlover

I think I have seen the previews for Earth to Echo before almost every movie I have seen the last several months. So glad I'll never have to see a piece of marketing for it ever again after next.

The trailer and billboards are EVERYWHERE. How did it get such a major marketing push?? 

No it will just be replaced by Annie I swear I see a Trailer for that movie on almost every Movie I have seen.

Just wondering, and I don't mean this at all in an insulting way, but why are so many people here upset that this summer doesn't have a movie with a huge domestic or worldwide total yet?  Catching Fire and Frozen weren't that long ago, and Captain America 2 did great considering its budget.  Shouldn't we want movies to be as good as possible?  Do we really want mediocre movies to make 350 domestic?  I'm fine with having a bunch of really good, entertaining, smart movies making less money as individual movies.  Hollywood needs to get its budgets down to more reasonable levels anyways, so this is fine.

Edited by Ando81

I always see the critic blurb during any ads for Earth to Echo that says,(going by memory), "kids will love its sense of fun."  Everyone else you will be bored out of your fucking minds