CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Going by the fantastic opening of this latest Transformers film versus the number of whiny internet trolls who endlessly rant about Bay's "destroying of cinema," it's clear who's in the minority. But it's cool. Keep on keeping on with your crusade to warn America of the evil Bay. ;)

Eh, if we're talking minority - that's pretty much always the theater going public even with a huge blockbuster.  The overwhelming majority don't go to most movies.

If CA2 and DOFP couldn't get 2.75 multiplier than TF4 isn't getting one either.

I think Summer dailies and next weekend will give it a boosts.

If CA2 and DOFP couldn't get 2.75 multiplier than TF4 isn't getting one either. 

I just have this feeling that it's going to a hold a lot better than what we're expecting. It's just been hard to compare to previous films since they opened on a Tuesday/Wednesday. We know DOFP was never getting a 2.75 multiplier by virtue of the franchise, but it's a fair point with CA2. But Transformers has always had broader appeal and I think even with bad reviews, we should not be sleeping on this when combined with the empty July schedule. And yes, a full slate of Summer weekdays.

Shut it Pink.!TF4 was awful. Omg.

It was not particularly good. But Revenge of the Fallen is still orders of magnitude worse.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

most blockbusters have 200+ reviews on rotten tomatoes, Transformers only has 116 reviews as of yet, so critics even refused to watch it

TF2 and TF3 have over 240, P&G over 180... so has more to do with number of press screenings.