CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

most blockbusters have 200+ reviews on rotten tomatoes, Transformers only has 116 reviews as of yet, so critics even refused to watch it

Critics couldn't see the film till this past Thursday. More reviews will come after the OW.
  • Like 1

most blockbusters have 200+ reviews on rotten tomatoes, Transformers only has 116 reviews as of yet, so critics even refused to watch it

Most screenings were held really late  Wed so even if they went many haven't written or published their reviews yet.

You think it's better than First Class? Avengers? TDKr? No way.

First Class isn't some beacon of quality. Perhaps a necessary part to rejuvenate the franchise, but anytime Fassbender and McAvoy aren't in the movie, it totally sinks. Hell, even Fassbender wasn't THAT good in the movie outside of 3-4 scenes. His accent was sounding like the Irish guy in Transformers 4 by the end. Guy's magnetic though despite that.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

There are a lot of movies that critics are wrong about, the first Transformers is one of them.

this bullshit again? it's not like it has a horrible RT percentage, 57% is decent. I liked Transformers (70/100) but I don't say "Critics are wrong about this one", they just have higher standards for blockbusters than some of us. I think Lone Ranger and DMC are the perfect blockbusters, yet I don't think their RT scores were underserved

• Like 1

This faces less competition though. Outside of Dawn of the Planet Apes, there's not much direct competition and it has IMAX theaters all the way till Hercules. This can leg it out to 275 million.

Cap 2 had great WoM and no competition at all, it had a decent multiplier. Trans4mers has terrible WoM and will only open about 10m above Cap at best, and given how nothing this summer has shown any legs at all I don't think Trans4mers will be what bucks that trend.

DOFP is definitely the favorite of the year for me, but comparing it to avengers is like... Not necessarily apples and oranges, but like lemons and limes. They are both superhero action flicks but totally different in tone so you can't really say which is better.