CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I don't really have it in me to go after Paramount over this $100.04m number for TRANSFORMERS. But I hope someone else does.

Oh STFU Subers.

You're still not counting Matrix Reloaded and Pirates AWE and countless other Thursday previews grosses to Friday now that you've lazily let every other fucking movie go through.

As silly as this is, it still doesn't beat the original Puerto Rico. When that happened, Paramount retroactively adjusted actuals upwards, several days later, just to hit the 200m market.

And Sony's absurdity with the TASM/SM3 midnights arguably is the most ridiculous of all.

This is something I feel everyone glossed over rather lightly. Sony seriously dropped SM3's midnights from $10 million to $7 million just so the new one wouldn't look like as much of a disappointment. 

• Like 3

This is something I feel everyone glossed over rather lightly. Sony seriously dropped SM3's midnights from $10 million to $7 million just so the new one wouldn't look like as much of a disappointment. 

lol how did they do that? Oh we lied about the numbers 5 years ago?

But, see, you can find an instance for every studio, so this bullshit calling out Paramount as the devil is ridiculous.

Deadline woman will probably be shamed into silence.

And people getting outraged about such a fucking innocuous, irrelevant number that changes the world exactly not at all, when so much actual corruption and conspiracy is going on in their country. Yup, priorities really in order.

Oh STFU Subers.

You're still not counting Matrix Reloaded and Pirates AWE and countless other Thursday previews grosses to Friday now that you've lazily let every other fucking movie go through.

That's because that's how studios reported the grosses back then. Midnights were midnights, previews were previews and counted separately. The industry doesn't do that anymore, and there's no way for Subers (or anyone else) to separate sneaks from midnights now.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

That's because that's how studios reported the grosses back then. Midnights were midnights, previews were previews and counted separately. The industry doesn't do that anymore, and there's no way for Subers (or anyone else) to separate sneaks from midnights now.

Which really annoys me. Why can't we just count the Thursday night previews with fucking Thursday and let the Friday number be whatever it makes from 12:01 onward?

Which really annoys me. Why can't we just count the Thursday night previews with fucking Thursday and let the Friday number be whatever it makes from 12:01 onward?

What if the movie that started on Thurs night finished on Friday?

Because Thursday isn't part of the weekend and studios want bigger weekend numbers for press reasons.

I remember controversy over Matrix Reloaded's number. WB wanted Brandon to include it as part of Thursday (opening day) but he wouldn't. He demanded that they give him an estimate for Wednesday night.

I think BOM should revise those numbers considering the egregious reporting of the last two years. MR's $5m preview number was a lot closer to a midnight gross (it was 10 PM) than the 7 PM's that keep getting lumped in with opening day numbers now.