CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I think the franchise needs better writers first.

Peter Berg is a good director, but he got saddled with Battleship.

I read a quote today about how writing for a Bay TF movie means not having to do stuff like "story", or "logic". It was in one of the threads here (this one? I dunno, this is such a fuckin' crazy place, I lose track).

Basically, the combination of Bay, Transformers as source material and writers who lack self-respect is the reason the movies are shit. 

To be honest, I think even a half-way decent writer could get a a coherent story for a TF movie ready, if they had a director that is more than a salesman - a commercial, hyperactive, superfast-edit, frenzied director - like Bay. I think a lot of journeyman directors could pull off a not-terrible TF movie, somewhere in the 50% RT range.

• Like 1

Indeed. Then, like STID and TASM2 before it, we can have a Transformers movie that uses someone's magical blood as a plot device. :P

Magical blood: the answer, the solution, the 'totally logical' plot device to everything. Kurtzman and Orci definitely should have that copyrighted before anyone else got the idea and steal it from them.
  • Like 1

I'm just picturing Nic Cage playing Wahlberg's part and imagining which words in each of Wahlberg's lines he'd scream. :lol:

Nic Cage shouldn't have been booted out..he did a damn good job in the 1st three.

Posted Image

• Like 6

I'd actually pay good money to see present-day lunatic Nic Cage in a Michael Bay action extravaganza. Preferably a WW2 movie. Think Saving Private Ryan, but instead of saving them, they have to kill him, cause he's an alien, working for the Nazis, meant to infiltrate the US Government after his return to the US as a war hero.

• Like 2

Magical blood: the answer, the solution, the 'totally logical' plot device to everything.Kurtzman and Orci definitely should have that copyrighted before anyone else got the idea and steal it from them.

Eh, they're not the first to use it, just the first to overuse it.

• Like 1