#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

Tammy opens tonight at 9pm. America opens tonight at 7pm, DUFE starts at Midnight, and Earth To Echo starts tomorrow morning. The 4 movies have a combined 15 reviews on RT, of which 12 reviews are from ETE. Looks to be a pretty rotten week.

• Like 1

No my friend. Apes will have a solid opening with incredible WOM that will lead to people flocking to theaters. 

I just think that no matter how great reviews are certain concepts cannot massively break out into the wider audience domestically. 

DOFP had great Wom but it did not break out that much domestically. 

Same with ST2 and many others.

It is hard to describe but I think certain films appeal to a certain group and that is it.

If you look at the biggest films every summer they have a rather wide appeal to them. 

In summer 2013, you had Iron Man 3, DM2, MOS and Fast 6...

They appealed to a very wide segment of the audience. 

• Like 2

It will be around 170-180 million by Sunday dude... 

WOM is yet to be seen, so yeah, it could miss that number. TF4 could only make 160-165 by Sunday.

Apes is competition but not as big as HP against the past TF films and It will keep making money on weekdays

it won't have huge weekdays (or legs) just because of the brand, see Godzilla and TASM2.

People said TF4 would do 100m OW just because and it didn't. 

lack of other major films around.

just look how great How to train Your Dragon 2 drops were.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

It's totally happening and I have accepted the strong legs of the movie, but I fear the over-use of the  :rofl: smiley will be upon us on that day. Maleficites gloating all day all night.

No. I dont care. Maleficent is a great hit with more ten or less ten. I was kidding.

• Like 4

WOM is yet to be seen, so yeah, it could miss that number. TF4 could only make 160-165 by Sunday.

it won't have huge weekdays (or legs) just because of the brand, see Godzilla and TASM2.

People said TF4 would do 100m OW just because and it didn't. 

How to train Your Dragon 2

Your opinion, its summer and Dragon 2 is a fail 

• Like 1

The best thing so far is that Disney has no real bombs on their hands. There's no Mars needs Moms, John Carters, or Lone Rangers to really hurt Disney at the BO. Muppets Most Wanted underperformed, but it didn't cost a lot to make, so It probably made a small profit.

I know that the DreamWorks films that Disney distributes are still bombs, but Disney doesn't finance those. It seems like Disney is really having a solid year.

Need for Speed did 205M WW on a 66M budget. I doubt it was a bomb. 

• Like 4

The best thing so far is that Disney has no real bombs on their hands. There's no Mars needs Moms, John Carters, or Lone Rangers to really hurt Disney at the BO. Muppets Most Wanted underperformed, but it didn't cost a lot to make, so It probably made a small profit. I know that the DreamWorks films that Disney distributes are still bombs, but Disney doesn't finance those. It seems like Disney is really having a solid year.

I actually don't get why Dreamworks keeps on flopping. Is disney not marketing it properly, or the studio just isn't delivering?Get that money Disney. Ready for Big Hero 6 and Into the Woods.
  • Like 2

sorry, but GA opinion holds little to no value in a movie forum 

however we use the box office of films we like to say people liked them. 

For example DOFP did 500 million overseas, so the overseas market really liked the film.

It works both ways... 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4