BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

I'm still tossed about it falling WW, because although I do agree it will fall DOM, OS I think will be higher. Could make up the difference if not more.

Look at this way in China..

in 2012, TA made 90 million,

In 2013, IM3 made 121 million

In 2014, CA2 made 115 million.

I think that shows China is increasing by a lot...... 

That the Captain alone was that big. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

That the Captain a lone was as big as TA and Im3.

China is slowly but surely becoming THE  market rather than USA :lol:

• Like 1

You can defend these aposteriori totally wrong estimates all you want, they are extremely off nevertheless.

I thought Dragon2 was a stupid idea, because i would not have liked watching such a story as a kid. I could not understand why Panda2 did so poorly DOM. But it should have been a warning to all of us, that for every Despicaple Me 2 there is a Panda2, that disappoints.

lol good thing they didn't listen to you.

• Like 1

You can defend these aposteriori totally wrong estimates all you want, they are extremely off nevertheless.

I thought Dragon2 was a stupid idea, because i would not have liked watching such a story as a kid. I could not understand why Panda2 did so poorly DOM. But it should have been a warning to all of us, that for every Despicaple Me 2 there is a Panda2, that disappoints.

If Dragon 2's story was Frozen 2's story you would be all over it  :lol:

Avengers showed that it will not be a non midnight movie anyways ^^ 

Majority of the gross will still be made on Sat and Sunday. 

The fact CA2 and Im3 opened so strongly with a greatly diminished 3D share goes against your point.

I think looking at it TA2 has s much better chance at breaking the opening record. If anyone thought TDKR had a chance, TA2 has a much better chance. 

it definitely has a strong chance. But I am for now not convinced. Ensemble had a great value 1st time. 2nd time around I am not sure it has any novelty value. it needs something new to entice GA. I dont know what that is. I am not sure "ultron" mean anything to them. Its not as if they are adding any new avenger this time around. 

As I said I am not ruling it out. We will know close to release how things go. 

With a minimum of 500 mill from two markets Trf4 will make a very strong push for a billion and probably more.

• Like 2

With a minimum of 500 mill from two markets Trf4 will make a very strong push for a billion and probably more.

For it not to do $1b after amassing 550m in two markets would be utterly pathetic.
  • Like 1

My thoughts kind of follow the same. I mean, yeah it's a fun film but it's nowhere near perfect like most people think. When you try to take it seriously, it's laughable.

But it never asks the audience to take it seriously. Not like Man of Steel, TDKR, Pacific Rim etc. that attempt to but fail.

I'm still tossed about it falling WW, because although I do agree it will fall DOM, OS I think will be higher. Could make up the difference if not more.

OS will definitely increase because of China and because even though it increased massively from IM/etc TA2 is a sequel. OS loves sequels. TA3 might fall if they even make one.

I'm honestly scared to think of what OD/OW/WWOW numbers TA2 can pull off given how big TA was and all the sequels have increased from their pres quite significantly.It will be epic.

I don't think much more DOM to be honest, if at all. There is a limit to how much a movie can make. We don't know what it is, but there is a limit. I'm sure RTH might know what a movie could make if it sold out every single seat in every single screen in every single showing in every single theatre. But you have to take into account showings that cannot possibly sell out, audience demographics of an area, repeat viewings vs once and done etc. I don't think a $250m OW is possible at all.

But it never asks the audience to take it seriously. Not like Man of Steel, TDKR, Pacific Rim etc. that attempt to but fail.

So. This film isn't fun enough to just play off that aspect, which is why I was disapointed. There is no suspense in the entire movie.

• Like 2

If Dragon 2's story was Frozen 2's story you would be all over it  :lol:

if they would make a Frozen2 with a handicaped Anna (Elsa having killed parts of her brain), I would root against it

but I think that is the difference in the philosophy of Disney they spent a lot of time tinkering with the original story Snow Queen to make it kid-friendly

Having said that, I don't like to have everything Disney-fied, but sometimes it helps

That the Captain alone was that big. 

I expect TA 2 to gross about 150M in China. No where near TF4 of course.

I still need to see The Fault In Our Stars. Danm. when will I get around to that.

You need to see Dragon 2. -_-

So. This film isn't fun enough to just play off that aspect, which is why I was disapointed. There is no suspense in the entire movie.

Ah, it worked for me, as in, it was so fun. One of the most fun blockbusters.

IGN's Apes Review:The Apes franchise returns to greatness with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, a film that works as both a rousing summer tent pole movie as well as an intelligent science-fiction tale with heart.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 3