MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

Paramount is quite obviously fudging numbers and they will probably keep doing it for the rest of TF4's run.

Probably not for the rest of the run. Right now they're making up for the 2-2.5 mil or so they added to its OW.

6th UPDATE, Thursday, 7:11 AM: Okay, still flying a bit blind, but will do the best we can right now, given the AMC Theaters issue which I understand is still not completely cleared up. It’s no surprise that Transformers: Age Of Extinction is going to take the box office crown this weekend with a Wednesday take of around $7.7M. In second place, as expected is Tammy which brought in about $6.18M (including the $1.3M from Tuesday previews). Deliver Us From Evil was third last night with about $2.8M on Wednesday, The gross for that pic rose from earlier in the day brought up, of course, by the late night crowd that fuels the genre. Earth To Echo, which should get a nice bump from the family audiences this Fourth of July holiday, was right on Evil‘s tail  with $2.6M yesterday. Earth To Echo may end up surpassing Evil as we head into the family friendly weekend. The last picture in the Top Five — 22 Jump Street — in its third week of release added another estimated $1.99M last night.

The rest of the Top Ten is playing out pretty much as expected with How To Train Your Dragon 2, also in its third week of release, good for $1.96M at No. 6 with Maleficent following with a $1.18M estimate. Sony/Screen Gems’ Think Like A Man Too had a $866K Wed; Jersey Boys cashed in about $859K for Warner Bros. and The Fault In Our Stars took the No. 10 spot on Wednesday for Fox with about 684K.

So about a 27% drop for TRF4, that seems normal coming off a big Tuesday.  Look for drops in the 20-25% range for most films.

• Like 1

Lol..I had Tammy down as the next movie that will surprise like Neighbors. But not in this way. 5-day less than 30m is shocking. Even Blended was 19m over 5-days. This could be what, 7-8m above that.

Edited by a2k

I remember seeing the trailer for Tammy months ago and I thought it was attrocious.  Looks like the trailer doesn't lie.

• Like 1

Lol..I had Tammy down as the next movie that will surprise like Neighbors. But not in this way. 5-day less than 30m is shocking. Even Blended was 19m over 5-days. This could be what, 7-8m above that.

It is due to the flooding in the northeast.  :P

Studios should have used this weekend to expand movies. Godzilla, TASM2, EOT all could have benefited from an expansion seeing how badly the new openers have fared.

• Like 2

I thought the first teaser was hilarious!Looks like I'm skipping this weekend and hope to see Apes next weekend!

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2

I'm happy for McCarthy for getting this passion project out but the "Tammy" trailers did not do it for me.  Looks like a bad Saturday night live skit.  But it's not going to flop. It was made on a low 20 Million budget and they didn't break the bank on marketings. Hoping for an under 60% drop for AoE. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1