MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

What kind of increase is expected today for Trans4mers, etc...?

30% increase today, minuscule increase on Friday (in the ballpark of 5-10%), big increase on Saturday (50%+) and standard 25-30% drop on Sunday.

Next weekend is even better.  It gives Transformers 2 full weeks at the theater, then BAM! Apes opens all to itself.

True.

Yeah that was DOFP original release date. 

• Like 1

These numbers are not great. TF4 with a huge drop and Tammy below expectations. I guess MM just isn't that big of a draw anyway. The rest is performing quite boringly, IMO. No flop and no hit.

Edit: Happy Birthday, Blankments! :)

Edited by miketheavenger

These numbers are not great. TF4 with a huge drop and Tammy below expectations. I guess MM just isn't that big of a draw anyway. The rest is performing quite boringly, IMO. No flop and no hit.

No, it's a normal Weds drop.  

Yeah, when was the last time they decided not to release a big tentpole or something over 4th of July weekend? I'd like to say 2001 when Cats & Dogs and Scary Movie 2 opened but I'm sure the latter was expected to do much better than it actually did.

2011 was similar, Horrible Bosses and Zookeeper were definitely bigger than Tammy and Earth to Echo, but it was a similar situation.  

2011 was similar, Horrible Bosses and Zookeeper were definitely bigger than Tammy and Earth to Echo, but it was a similar situation.  

TF3 was the 4th of July release but came out the weekend earlier since the date fell on a Monday.

Edited by C00k13

I don't think there are any "great" or "terrible" drops or increases during the week anymore.  Films follow a pattern for the most part.  It's fun to debate these things but Weds usually sees films drop 15-25% and if it is an opener, maybe more.  

• Like 2

One problem with that, that was the week after Independence Day wekeend which had Transformers 3 opening

Wall-e had a 32.5m 2nd weekend after a 6.7m Wed in similar calender config in 2008.

A 7.7m Wed with the same pattern gives TF4 37.35m. That's the max it can do imo.

ASM2 made 35.5m in weekend 2 after weak weekdays. DoFP made 32.5m with stronger weekdays.

sub 35m weekend for TF4 would not be surprising and ok considering how big it's weekdays are.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Today would have been a great weekend for Apes to open. I have some free time to spend at the movies.

Same here. July 11th is going to be a tough weekend to go...
  • Like 1

The moment the doctor told my wife today... "2 Centimeters"....2 things came to mind1. Fuck!2. Apes!? :(

Edited by #ED
  • Like 4

Especially since they have to fudge down. If they keep their current pace ($350-400k each day), they will be fudging all the way through Saturday's gross.

They donèt have to fudge every day now.  They can start taking a bit each weekend day as well.

• Like 5