La Binoche

Thurs #s (Deadline): T:AOE 9.45, Tammy 5.5, DUFE 2.6, ETE 2.6, HTTYD + 22 JS 2.5

Top 3 Disney animations:1) Aladdin2) Pinocchio3) The Little Mermaid (dat sea witch)Top 3 computer animations:1) Ratatouille2) Wreck It Ralph3) The Incredibles

I liked this just for RATATOUILLE.

• Like 1

Just arrived from a store that is having a special promotion where you buy 3 movies at your choice but only pay 2. Finally got Fast 6 and Argo on Blu-ray and also got Wolf of Wall Street on DVD that was released 2 weeks ago. 

Also, Happy 4th of July to my American friends.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 6

I read somewhere (I think the WSJ) that The Lion King is the most profitable movie of all time. There are franchises like Star Wars that have generated more revenue, but as one stand-alone movie, TLK wins. Between the theatrical gross incl. re-releases, the merchandising, VHS + DVD sales + rereleases, Diamond album and billion dollar grossing Broadway musical, TLK wins. 

What I feel are the 3 best animated films ever came out within a three year period:1992: Aladdin1994: The Lion King1995: Toy StoryNothing has come out since that beats any of those three, although TS3 came close.

My top animations 1.Finding Nemo2.Spirited Away3.The Lion King4.Wall-E5.TangledHonorable Mention: Kung-Fu Panda Edited by The Panda

Godzilla was American Beauty compared to Tammy. Tammy isn't a real movie. It doesn't have a script it doesn't have any acting it doesn't really have a plot. It's just a bunch of actors getting paid to say things that make no sense and its not funny in the least.

You do realise that Tammy's got the higher RT rating than TF4, right? :mellow:

And just think many thought Dragon 2 would have been at that total three weeks ago.

Yeah, predictions had Dragon 2 hitting 130m before the 2nd weekend was over, or even before it started (those 90-100m OWs).

you do realise that Tammy's got the higher RT rating than TF4, right? :mellow:

That doesnt concern me. Critics can have their opinion. Mine Is that. TAMMY is an abomination.
  • Like 1

That doesnt concern me. Critics can have their opinion. Mine Is that. TAMMY is an abomination.

I am not surprised WB canceled the OS release now. 

• Like 1

9th UPDATE, Friday, 7:40 AM: This has got to be one of the most boring five-day box office holidays in history when I’m sitting here looking at the weather radar to see how the U.S. is faring, how badly the East Coast and Northeast is faring and which areas will be most impacted by Arthur. If it’s raining not too badly, it may drive people into the theaters, but high winds and sheets of rain could cripple the Northeast. Bummer for the East Coasters as no one bargained for this on the Fourth of July. So, this morning, let’s look at the Top Ten line-up and how it stacks up:

Transformers: Age Of Extinction which, Paramount Pictures I’m sure is trying to figure out where to make up that $2.5M or so shortage after it fudged its numbers over its opening weekend on its smash-fest hit to make it look like the first $100M picture of the year. Hey, it’s a small town and everyone knows, even those inside the studio itself. So how will they proceed during this holiday week? In other words, will they shave the difference off the mid-week grosses or will they just figure in a bigger percentage drop on the weekend to compensate? It’s clearly No. 1 and estimates are that it has made around $38.3M this week so far (after grossing about $9.6M last night, up 25% from Wed.) before the 3-day weekend gears up today which brings its cume up to $135.8M. It’s in 4,233 theaters. The fact is and remains, the town has yet to see a $100M opener this year.

Tammy has grossed about $11.7M since opening on Wednesday for Warner Bros. The film obviously lacks quality, but so do many others that I have seen this year and they still manage to sucker in an audience to make a decent opening gross. Most, however, rely on explosions and gunfire to propel the action and viewer interest rather than unfunny bits that lead nowhere. It was down 11% from night to night. How much did it cost? Hilariously, I had Warner Bros. execs whisper wildly different budget numbers to me — as one said, “it only cost $13M” followed immediately by another saying, “it only cost $20M.” So, it is what it is.

Deliver Us From Evil, a horror film from the king of big-budget explosions — producer Jerry Bruckheimer — is at $5.5M cume in two days to take the No. 3 spot before family weekend. This is one of these, keep the budget low, doesn’t matter if it’s quality because the genre audience will come and we can always lessen the risk by casting a recognizable actor in the lead (Eric Bana) and we’ll make some dough. It was down 7% from night to night and received a B-.

Earth To Echo from Relativity — the picture that they picked up after Disney said no to its producer Andrew Panay — has made about $5.1M in two days and got the best CinemaScore from the bunch of newcomers with a very good A-. The picture, which is the directorial debut of Dave Green (and it kinda shows but good for him to have landed a film after helming a number of shorts), is said to be around $13M for its negative cost, according to Relativity. It’s trying to make parents think it’s E.T., but guess what? It’s a far cry from the wonderful 1982 Steven Spielberg. Waiting for the family weekend audiences to buoy this one, but How To Train Your Dragon 2 and Maleficent are still in the marketplace this weekend so will take business away from this newbie. It was down 4% from night to night.

So will the fireworks.

22 Jump Street rounds out the Top Five (with a $2.4M Thursday) The bottom six of the Top Ten are as follows: Dragon 2 ($2.4M Thurs.), Maleficent ($1.5M) , Jersey Boys ($1.1M), Think Like A Man Too ($1M), Edge Of Tomorrow ($810K) and The Fault In Our Stars ($765K). Hoping to see some overseas numbers this morning, so check back if you care to know. Noteworthy: There is one quality film that is doing some good business — Jon Favreau’s Chef topped $20M last night for Open Road Films which has been handling its release. Happy Fourth, Mr. Favreau and everyone else … and Happy Birthday!

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/box-office-preview-tammy-earth-to-echo-deliver-us-from-evil-bow-amid-transformers/

Edited by Sir Tiki

Hey Noctis are you going to make a trip to Universal to check out the Harry Potter expansion?

I'd go, but after nearly dying from the heat when visiting Wizarding World 4 years ago, It's going to be held off for some time.