#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Yeah, first season is a little ragged but still had some good episodes. But once it got going... one of the greatest SF shows ever.

I gave up after the first few episodes when I first watched it. I then went back a couple months later and loved it. Still not as good as Star Trek IMO, but good none the less.

• Like 2

Going back a few pages, the thread most happy to see BKB banned has to be the Wrestling thread. He had made that thread toxic to even venture into with his blatantly sexist comments and his dislike of every single thing and confrontations over the smallest comments. It had got so bad that if I saw that BKB was the last post in that thread, I just never clicked on it.

• Like 2

I'm not saying she is not a star. I tend to think stars matter, but moreso for certain films than for others. But The Tourist made over $200 outside the US so what can you say.  

So, what's your point? One poster claimed that she's the biggest female draw, probably outside the US. International BO now matters. JLAW's career will be interesting to see, once she hit "the almost 40's" range. Hollywood is notorious for actresses who are in that range. That's why I find Jolie's success for Maleficent impressive because her last movie was made 4 years ago, and no actresses in Hollywood can bounce back just like that.

Going back a few pages, the thread most happy to see BKB banned has to be the Wrestling thread. He had made that thread toxic to even venture into with his blatantly sexist comments and his dislike of every single thing and confrontations over the smallest comments. It had got so bad that if I saw that BKB was the last post in that thread, I just never clicked on it.

Yeah, if people think BKB's post were bad in this section, they should see what he posted in that thread. It was even worse. It made me stay almost completely out of that thread.
  • Like 2

So me not liking a movie that has a female lead is sexism? Okay then. Let's ignore the fact that Gravity was my favorite movie of last year, and before the Frozenite force arrived, I was a huge Frozen fan too. Catching Fire was also the best traditional blockbuster last year.I wasn't around previous years for Transformers movies, but if I was here in 2009, you can bet that I'd be hating on Revenge of the Fallen as much as, if not more, than I'm hating on Maleficent. So please don't fucking slander me and call me sexist for actually having a differing opinion than yours on a movie. [mod edit] :)

The Jolie jizzers are out of control.

I'm not gonna even call them Malefants or whatever because it's clearly only about her.

I like Jolie, but fuck's sake. I haven't been here too long to get irritated by any other fanbase so far...well Mojoguy is fucking annoying as a Frozenite and the people who kept jumping on me for disliking IM3 were weird but seriously. Did BOM have an ignore button? Can't believe how I would've gotten through all the trolling back then without one.

• Like 1

I gave up after the first few episodes when I first watched it. I then went back a couple months later and loved it. Still not as good as Star Trek IMO, but good none the less.

It managed to convert me away from Star Trek back when it was first airing. I dismissed it at first, saw a couple first season episodes and it was too different and too odd (plus some iffy characterizations and episodes). But I got hooked later by the huge extended story and that (more or less) planned out, the epic scale, and how it approached things from a far more "realistic" perspective than the grandly benevolent and broad Star Trek: (aliens that weren't just Forehead Bump of the week, alien cultures that had multiple religions, factions, politics, and backgrounds, a really nuanced set of "heroes" and "villains" that changed over time, people that struggled with real world issues like alcoholism, and so forth. Yes, it's all a bit low-budget (and occasionally theatrical) compared to Trek, but damn if JMS didn't pretty much pull the whole thing off.
  • Like 2

Just wait until Guardians

My analysis

DOFP wow-tier comic book movie

HTTYD2 fantastic sequel

22JS funniest American comedy since the first one

Edge of Tomorrow good but overrated

Neighbors enjoyable, if maybe not as funny as hoped

The Fault in Our Stars decent but disappointing

Godzilla alright, but disappointing

Chef meh

Maleficent crap

ASM2 megacrap

That's it Blanks no more likes for you.

• Like 2

It managed to convert me away from Star Trek back when it was first airing. I dismissed it at first, saw a couple first season episodes and it was too different and too odd (plus some iffy characterizations and episodes). But I got hooked later by the huge extended story and that (more or less) planned out, the epic scale, and how it approached things from a far more "realistic" perspective than the grandly benevolent and broad Star Trek: (aliens that weren't just Forehead Bump of the week, alien cultures that had multiple religions, factions, politics, and backgrounds, a really nuanced set of "heroes" and "villains" that changed over time, people that struggled with real world issues like alcoholism, and so forth. Yes, it's all a bit low-budget (and occasionally theatrical) compared to Trek, but damn if JMS didn't pretty much pull the whole thing off.

I wouldnt call it better than Star Trek, but I am a hard core trekkie, so... yeah. That opinion aint going to change anytime soon.

• Like 2

So far this year:Paranormal Activity Marked One's: Much better than 4Lego Movie:GreatMuppets Most Wanted: GreatCaptain America: GreatOculus: GoodHaunted House 2: GoodSpidey 2: goodNeighbors: goodGodzilla: GreatX Men: goodEdge of Tomorrow: GreatTransformers: Dinobots!!!!Bet I will like every movie I see in theaters this year.

• Like 1

What is B5?

Babylon 5 -- a science-fiction series that was basically one giant novel spread over five seasons. It was set in the 2250s and centered around an Earth-run space station/colony during the beginning (and duration) of a huge galactic war. Basically, sort of CASABLANCA in WWII updated for the future.
  • Like 2