#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

EoT is just a bunch of stuff I've seen before done in a dull and drudging manner. I saw things happen on screen but I wasn't interested in any of it.The RoboCop remake has at least the majesty that is Michael Keaton.

EoT is just a bunch of stuff I've seen before done in a dull and drudging manner. I saw things happen on screen but I wasn't interested in any of it.The RoboCop remake has at least the majesty that is Michael Keaton.

Die.

• Like 4

And with that the honeymoon period with the new TV-fan Jack is now over.

• Like 4

What am I supposed to say? It's not good. Maybe I'll flip flop later but right now its one of the most overrated movies of the year.

Nah, it's just an observation of "Meet the New Jack, same as the Old Jack," to paraphrase The Who.

Like Baumer, etc, wouldn't want you to suddenly acquire majoritarian film taste.

• Like 1

Wow. The ways in which people are dealing with Mal's success are getting utterly ridiculous. “Boo hoo...a film I didn't like is going to win the summer...it must be because the audience is desperate and dumb, not because they actually loved it.” Seriously? So I didn't love Maleficent, eh? I just felt desperate for something, anything that appealed to me, and I latched on to that film because there was nothing else? So I really didn't care for Maleficent, but since I am desperate, I became a fan of it? Do you realize how absolutely ludicrous and non-sensical that sounds? People, we can't "win" all the time. Sometimes, films we don't care for will win the summer, and sometimes even the whole year. Heck, at one point, a film I disliked was the biggest film of an entire decade. Cry me a fucking river, but enough with the BS rationalizations.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 9

I think it's a great summer of quality when it's about halfway done and you have 2-3 films that are already better than the entire lineups of years past.

My highest rated movie of last summer is Despicable Me 2 (dethrones the rapidly falling STID) and so far, I liked HTTYD2, EOT and DOFP more and this is with, for me, Apes, Guardians and Lucy still to come. So, even if I hated the rest of the movies I saw, I'd still say this was easily better than last year.

An even more apt comparison for others might be films they all find good, but nothing great. I can't use last year since I disliked the majority of films last year anyway.

• Like 2

Nah, it's just an observation of "Meet the New Jack, same as the Old Jack," to paraphrase The Who.Like Baumer, etc, wouldn't want you to suddenly acquire majoritarian film taste.

I just wish I could explain my opinions more eloquently. Need to work on that.