CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

On 5/19/2016 at 5:24 PM, CJohn said:

I still need to see a movie from this franchise...

You're not missing much. The best thing to come from it has been the trailer for the original.

The second one was better but it had a low budget feel and this one continues that by this latest trailer.

There's some cool visuals but it's not haunting at all. 

On May 19, 2016 at 5:24 PM, CJohn said:

I still need to see a movie from this franchise...

You are missing out on great entertainment; not “perfect”, but solid and well crafted.

They are both awesome little thrillers, with haunting images and themes, and an overall creepy and thought-provoking premise. I am glad that they have both been successful at the box office because the premise is truly the kind of story that can support multiple sequels. 

I hope you get to see them soon; I know that I plan to re-watch the first two films before I go see this one.

• Like 1

I love the start of the new trailer - cool new angle the other trailers didn't cover. Just wish they'd stop after the Senator gets attacked though. Really hope they didn't end up spoiling most of the story events in all of the trailers so far.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, acab said:

Really good trailer.

I think it will make around what the last one made no big drop offs or increases.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it at least crosses the 100 million dollar threshold domestically, even it just barely.

1 hour ago, xequalsy said:

I love the start of the new trailer - cool new angle the other trailers didn't cover. Just wish they'd stop after the Senator gets attacked though. Really hope they didn't end up spoiling most of the story events in all of the trailers so far.

I KNOW!

That is exactly what makes all the trailers just good as opposed to awesome.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Better then the latest US one. But like the past 2 movies, the stuff before the actual Purge looks to be way more interesting then anything after it.

The original movie had such a good concept but blew it once The Purge started to become your standard home invasion thriller. 

Anarchy got a lot closer to the actual idea but it still never felt right. It was fun but not that frightening. It felt like you were on a movie set a lot and the fact that Universals Halloween Horror Nights replicated the street experience didn't help.

This looks like it's going to continue that, with a bunch of empty streets and our heroes confronting different groups out to get them.

I'll definitely see it but not in theaters. It seems like it's going to be more style over substance just like the last movie once the killing starts.