CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

Awesome title, and by way of it an evident current cultural tie-in.

The Purge: Anarchy is the only horror sequel I can think of that opened smaller than it's predecessor but ended up grossing more than it thanks to far better word of mouth. The 3rd film is poised to be another hit.

• Like 1

I love this title, noticed it on the recently rated trailers page afew days ago. Trailer is 2.27.

The Purge franchise has been great fun so far, and performed really well at the box office. Loved it when everyone was saying "People hate the Purge thats why it dropped so hard!!" Then the sequel came a year later and grossed more. HA.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I love this title, noticed it on the recently rated trailers page afew days ago. Trailer is 2.27.

The Purge franchise has been great fun so far, and performed really well at the box office. Loved it when everyone was saying "People hate the Purge thats why it dropped so hard!!" Then the sequel came a year later and grossed more. HA.

Purge 2 opened with less then the first. Only reason it made more was because it wasn't as bad as the first.

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

Haven't seen the second, but the first one was so hilariously dumb.

I would say the second one is better, but it became more of an action flick than horror.  However, it did build on the ideas the first one started, but agree that a lot of things done in the first one was kind of dumb 

I never understood all the hate that the first movie received, it was the typical horror movie where a bunch of maniacs try to kill the victims, nothing original or especial, just a basic horror movie, while the second one is pure action and no horror (no problem with this), but the first movie at least has some horror elements

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I never understood all the hate that the first movie received, it was the typical horror movie where a bunch of maniacs try to kill the victims, nothing original or especial, just a basic horror movie, while the second one is pure action and no horror (no problem with this), but the first movie at least has some horror elements

I think, not for me though, but I think some of it was some of the decisions made my the people in the film were dumb even for typical horror movies.  At least that is what I seem to gather from people

First was a complete waste of an interesting premise. The second was actually decent and made me curious as to where the series is going to go next. 

But it in my opinion, these should be straight up R-rated action movies instead of horror. But that's just me.

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Don't mean to be rude but why the hell would this be considered horror?

It's closer to dystopia sci fi.

First one could be considered horror I guess because they were hiding in a house tryna not get killed.. 

Second is more of an action/horror flick. 

Dystopia? Probably, yes. Sci-fi? Not really, no.