CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

How the fuck did this turn into the daily commute thread?  :mellow:

Aaaanyway...it takes me between 45 and 70 minutes to get to my new job, depending on traffic, using two buses.

Also, may I just say...I disliked The Raid 2.

• Like 1

Leaving my office for a bunch of meetings in a moment but in the meantime here is some information to get us back on topic.  This is EARLY but as of now on the East Coast: Dawn is at about 4X Rise's number at the same POD.Dawn is about 1/3 of Godzilla's number at the same POD.Dawn is about 1/2 of Maleficent's number at the same POD. I'll touch base later.

So basically it will have a bigger OD than 19M(Apes1).

Wouldn't be too surprised if Apes opens around 50m.  The trailers kinda sucked and certainly didn't make it seem as great as reviews suggest.

This. I've posted a number of times in the past couple of months how I'm just not feeling it in regards to the movie, and that was mainly due to the trailers. The reviews are shocking, compared to what I saw advertised. 

• Like 1

Well define high?  I haven't been able to really keep up with the posts over here the past few days so I'm not really sure what the expectations were from my favorite forum posters.  

Very important question...

Am I one of your favorite posters?

• Like 1

Wouldn't be too surprised if Apes opens around 50m. The trailers kinda sucked and certainly didn't make it seem as great as reviews suggest.

Judging a movie based on trailers doesn't always go well. And let me just dawn of poa is one of mine best movies of the year.
  • Like 1

Why Apes 2 would do a enormours number at previews? Is this a big fan movie? What kind of Apes fans would see in previews? Apes lovers?

It's a well-received sequel to a well-regarded movie. So... While big numbers weren't expected, it certainly should've grossed at least three times that of Rise. Which, it did. I think it's in fine shape to contest Burton's Apes for top Apes OW DOM. I don't think the multiplier will be better than say 2.95 or so for the entire DOM run though.

• Like 2

That's like next-level nerd.

I was a train nerd and even weirder a Bus nerd.

My dad was a bus driver and he used to bring me with him at work around town when I was a kid. As a result, my favourite activity was drawing and building bus models miniature reproduction with my lego bricks and I could imitate all the different models engines memorizing the specific noise they each made whilst changing gears like music sheet. I could remember a very specific and typical sound a certain model of bus made whilst it reached the highest gear (automatic gearbox controlled with small buttons on the bus dashboard), it used to give me chills as it sounded like a long plaintive female voice soothing after a long crescendo.  :ph34r:

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

Leaving my office for a bunch of meetings in a moment but in the meantime here is some information to get us back on topic.  This is EARLY but as of now on the East Coast:

Dawn is at about 4X Rise's number at the same POD.

Dawn is about 1/3 of Godzilla's number at the same POD.

Dawn is about 1/2 of Maleficent's number at the same POD.  

I'll touch base later.  

Only good comparison is Rise and so its doing well for sure. I hope you provide us an update in next 6-7 hours.

I typically give the MTA some slack.  The fact that they are essentially the veins for the entire city and provide millions of people a day a way to avoid having to own a car or navigate New York traffic should be appreciated.  It is a thankless job to run a huge transportation network like the subway.  Typically when there are delays you should either be angry at people who hold the train cars or chose to kill themselves on the track that morning or the state government in Albany who controls the purse strings and should provide them sufficient money to perform maintenance.  The damn thing runs 24/7.  It's a modern marvel even when it shits the bed.

My anger was indeed usually directed at assholes who hold the doors open (usually tourists) but my patience was worn out after seven years with the delays. Some lines suck more than others. Part of that is my fault for living so far south in Brooklyn yet after awhile, being late all the time because of *insert problem* was such a headache. I know running it is a major operation but even the most average MTA employee is paid very handsomely.