CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I also dont see 6M. That is like more than 65% increase. Not possible in July. May be close to Variety's high end and RTH's low end. We will know in few hours. Very hard to predict a small holdover at 6PM PST.

Id believe 65% more than 8%.
  • Like 4

I think Variety's numbers are out of whack. They project Earth to Echo to finish fourth behind Tammy after ending up behind Dragon and Jump Street all week? What are the numbers to suggest this?Variety obviously sucks at projections.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

I think Variety's numbers are out of whack. They project Earth to Echo to finish fourth behind Tammy after ending up behind Dragon and Jump Street all week? What are the numbers to suggest this?Variety obviously sucks at projections.

I think Variety is only right for the first (Apes). Maybe, it's because they did it too early. Edited by Ajbg
  • Like 1

I don't understand complaints about the trailers at all. They were truley excellent. 

I dunno.  I don't know which trailers i saw and don't remember all the details of each trailer but i do remember that the trailers made the movie sound like a very dark, violent and depressing feature.  Maybe that was their intent, maybe they just wanted to make sure the core audience and existing Rise fans would come.  Maybe they were just being honest and truthful about this movie's "dark" tone and theme.   But I wonder if by doing this they alienated casual moviegoers (people who just want to be entertained) and families who can turn a $200 million movie into a $275-$300 million blockbuster.    

• Like 2

I dunno.  I don't know which trailers i saw and don't remember all the details of each trailer but i do remember that the trailers made the movie sound like a very dark, violent and depressing feature.  Maybe that was their intent, maybe they just wanted to make sure the core audience and existing Rise fans would come.  Maybe they were just being honest and truthful about this movie's "dark" tone and theme.   But I wonder if by doing this they alienated casual moviegoers (people who just want to be entertained) and families who can turn a $200 million movie into a $275-$300 million blockbuster.    

The film is a little dark but so was the Dark Knight so I don't see how that holds it back. 

• Like 4