CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

It's smart to hit up a community college for a year or two, get your core basics out of the way, then transfer to a university to focus on a specific major. Saves a ton of money and you get the best of both worlds, though you do need to plan that your units are transferable.

I'm extremely lucky I did dual credit during high school and took a few classes at my community college during the summer.

Just finished my Math class, and I slayed with a 97.

I'm really lucky because after I finished my first semester at Texas Tech, I was already a sophomore.

Edited by Claire Nolan Holt
  • Like 2

What? I'm no financial planner, but no. Keep your 401k savings. Let it build for retirement. Just plug away at your student loans. Consolidate 'em into one package (if you haven't already), and take advantage of low(er) interest rates and take your time paying 'em off. You get to write off the interest anyway.

I know, I know, people say it's stupid but I consider the following.

You get to write off only $5,000 per year.

I've consolidated as much as I can but still have three separate bills.

"Low interest rate" of 8% is still a bitch when the balance is $60k+

The way I see it is I'm 25, I have another 40 years to re-build my retirement savings, this will free up serious capital while I'm still young enough to enjoy my life and who knows I could die before I retire anyway.

:)

There's plenty of strong-quality public universities that cost a fraction of private ones, they just only open the low cost to in-state residents. For example you're guaranteed a strong education at affordable cost at any of the Big 10 schools, so long as you're from the particular state.It's professional schooling (medical, law, etc) that is the real money drain. Have a huge amount of loans to pay off for that.

My family was near poverty level when I applied to college cause my dad was unemployed. Even then I had to pay more for a state school (UT Austin and Texas A&M) than a private school. Which is really sad.
  • Like 2

I'm extremely lucky I did dual credit during high school and took a few classes at my community college during the summer.Just finished my Math class, and I slayed with a 97.I'm really lucky because after I finished my first semester at Texas Tech, I was already a sophomore.

If I would've known my school accepted dual credit I would have taken more classes. I took Physics I and Physics II while in high school. Also Pre-Cal. Unfortunately all the AP test I took I got 3s and 4s and none would transfer.
  • Like 1

Lol I could have been attending my local university for free with extra money but it's not a good university.It's really sad that a good education cost so much money. Only in MURICA.

Same.

Being from Laredo, I definitely didn't wanna stay for school.

Most don't get the chance to leave.

If I would've known my school accepted dual credit I would have taken more classes. I took Physics I and Physics II while in high school. Also Pre-Cal. Unfortunately all the AP test I took I got 3s and 4s and none would transfer.

Omg, you poor thang.

And yes, omg. I took some AP tests too, all of them transferred, I think. Except one, which was Calculus. Lmfao. Everyone failed that. I didn't even try though, like I talked about America's Next Top Model.

• Like 1