CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

People get so worried about a movie that only had 10pm showings there was no 7:00 8:00 I don't even know if there was any Midnight showings or not.

DOFP had 10pm showings as well and did $8.1n.  Godzilla started at 9pm and did $9.3m.  And yes there were midnight showings.

The film has been tracking at $60-65m so I don't see where the surprise is.  It was never tracked to be a $90m+ or even $80m+ opener.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

DOFP had 10pm showings as well and did $8.1n.  Godzilla started at 9pm and did $9.3m

The film has been tracking at $60-65m so I don't see where the surprise is.  It was never tracked to be a $90m+ or even $80m+ opener.

Godzilla started at 7 PM. I know because I went to a 7 PM show and there is no way in hell I would have gone to a 9 PM show on a work night.

• Like 1

I think they were saying they expected $55 mil or so

Fox expects mid-50s.

Thanks. Must be all that trackings that get them out of the wild and wishful studio executives' expectations and into the more logical and safe ones.

DOFP had 10pm showings as well and did $8.1n.  Godzilla started at 9pm and did $9.3m

Both Godzilla and DOFP had 7:00 8:00 Showings.

Also I never expected this to do 90 million 65-70 would be good for it.

Edited by SuperRocket

So Fox expectations for it must not be that high?

Well define high?  I haven't been able to really keep up with the posts over here the past few days so I'm not really sure what the expectations were from my favorite forum posters.  

It's a good or bad # depending on weekend expectations. It's obviously disappointing for those expecting 75m+ (lol@ 100m).

55-65m was more realistic. So 4.1m with 10pm showings is good.

WWZ was not a sequel though. Still, Apes should top 60m and show good legs, on its way to hopefully at least 200m total. At the end of the day, no matter how good the movie, it's about talking apes with guns riding horses. And there is a (pretty large) segment of the population that will never go see that. 

• Like 2

WWZ was not a sequel though. Still, Apes should top 60m and show good legs, on its way to hopefully at least 200m total. At the end of the day, no matter how good the movie, it's about talking apes with guns riding horses. And there is a (pretty large) segment of the population that will never go see that.

But they will see *any other blockbuster with a seemingly ridiculous concept*?
  • Like 6

Well define high?  I haven't been able to really keep up with the posts over here the past few days so I'm not really sure what the expectations were from my favorite forum posters.  

Over 70M OW was expected but tracking kinda dropped expectations into around 65-70M OW.

I haven't been keeping up either, but if Fox expected mid-50s, which is barely past the first OW, then expectations I think falls on the low side. I think around here, our members were hoping for 70M+, but it has been tempered down as of late cause of trackings.

I had it at 86 for OW.