Dementeleus

Tuesday Actuals: APES 9.6, AOE 2.6 | All numbers in first post | The Jeremy Renner edition | NO DERAILMENTS!

So...when is WB going to just let The LEGO Movie die? They really have been desperate to keep it in theaters with no discernible milestone in sight.

Until Godzilla is ready to leave the first run, it's not like WB have anything to replace it with. The dollar theaters probably wouldn't take Transcendence if you paid them.

I've heard that dollar theaters make their money almost entirely from concessions. So it doesn't matter if LEGO is selling fewer tickets than other movies as long as it's selling more popcorn, which as a children's movie it might be.

There also could be some kind of incentive payments from the LEGO company involved. The movie is good advertising for their product; they might be willing to shell out to keep it going as long as possible.

• Like 2

That's a 25% increase for AOE which is great - it's just that it's been dropping so much the increase is just on a $2m Mon.  By Sunday it should be behind Cap 2.

Eh.

;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES took in $9.62M on Tuesday. 5-Day domestic total stands at $90.45M. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DawnOfApes?src=hash">#DawnOfApes</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PlanetOfTheApes?src=hash">#PlanetOfTheApes</a></p>&mdash; BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) <a href="

16, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 1

I've heard that dollar theaters make their money almost entirely from concessions. So it doesn't matter if LEGO is selling fewer tickets than other movies as long as it's selling more popcorn, which as a children's movie it might be.

All theaters make most of their money from concessions.Look at all these numbers! Edited by Boner Omega
  • Like 1

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Weren't there people wondering if it would hit 150m after that first weekend? And it's still pulling in 1m+ per day.

• Like 1

Days of Future Past was good, but not THAT good, in my opinion.Dawn deserves higher than it. Hopefully when things stabilize it will work its way up there.

Still my favorite film of the year, so yeah I think it is that good.

• Like 4