Plain Old Tele

Tuesday Actuals: APES 9.6, AOE 2.6 | All numbers in first post | The Jeremy Renner edition | NO DERAILMENTS!

So...when is WB going to just let The LEGO Movie die? They really have been desperate to keep it in theaters with no discernible milestone in sight.

They're probably keeping it in theaters because it's on the schedules for most, if not all, of these summer movie kids camp things that start at 10 in the morning during the week. Same applies to the other movies that are a part of it that are still in theaters.

So...when is WB going to just let The LEGO Movie die? They really have been desperate to keep it in theaters with no discernible milestone in sight.

Maybe they shouldn't have rushed out the home releases. It could have continued doing well in dollar theaters for at least another month or two. 

Seeing how much the home video market has decreased in the past 5 years, I wonder if studios will start pushing the releases back further to allow longer theater runs again. I mean the whole reason they kept being released earlier and earlier was so studios could cash in on the home video profits while the iron was still hot, but nowadays it doesn't seem worth it.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

They're probably keeping it in theaters because it's on the schedules for most, if not all, of these summer movie kids camp things that start at 10 in the morning during the week. Same applies to the other movies that are a part of it that are still in theaters.

That may actually be a very good point. It never even crossed my mind that studios could do that.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is now ranked #157 on imbd's top 250.Very well deserved.

Pretty good, wonder if it will remain in the top 250 though. 

Currently the highest this year is Days of Future Past which is at 107.

Pretty good, wonder if it will remain in the top 250 though. Currently the highest this year is Days of Future Past which is at 107.

Days of Future Past was good, but not THAT good, in my opinion.Dawn deserves higher than it. Hopefully when things stabilize it will work its way up there.