CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

It's too late in the game to change its general trajectory, but I thought TF4 actually did well if the 10 mil figure holds up.  Decent weekend for Tammy as well -- I think you have to call it a hit.

DUFE had far and away the worst drop at -67%. Three weekends in and it has yet to meet its production budget.

Also impressed by EoT. This is the second time in three weeks it's seen its PTA increase.

• Like 3

The Croods is the highest grossing caveman film, before it was the Flintstones.

True Grit is the highest grossing film with Jeff Bridges is wearing an eye patch.

• Like 4

Chef has an outside shot at 30M.

Don't know its budget but it's gotta have paid for itself and more a while back.   PTA is climbing again so despite shedding more theaters, holds should be good.

98+ is locked for Edge. I think $100M+ is definitely happening.

WB will push it to 100 I believe.  It's coasting nicely after the hit from Apes 2

• Like 3

Gran Torino is the highest grossing film that the Clint sings in. (But I thought they asked him never to sing again after Paint Your Wagon)

I think we are heading into derailment territory here.  We, as mods, should put a stop to this right now before more people start telling us that Armageddon is the highest grossing film with an asteroid the size of Texas coming towards them.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 6