Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

So Jackjack is like Human Torch + Cyclops + shapeshifting throwing in there. 

What else do I miss lol. Sounds like a lot of powers.

A beast indeed. 

Have you ever seen Jack Jack Attack (the short made for the DVD about what happened while the family was off saving the day)? It's amazing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Disappointing that they're relying on a "cute" baby character. Seems beneath Pixar. Leave that to The Minions or Hotel Transylvania. 

tbh the fact they’re doing this sequel at all is beneath Pixar, but here we are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Have you ever seen Jack Jack Attack (the short made for the DVD about what happened while the family was off saving the day)? It's amazing.

"I was originally going to have the intitals for "Babysitter," but then I'd be walking around wearing a big "BS," and you know I wouldn't want that."

:rofl: 

• Haha 2

Cute teaser. Bring dis shit on, been hyped for this movie since.... oh I don't know, since 2004 or something. :ph34r:

Though.... 1.5B? Finding Dory barely did 1B, and that movie did almost 500M DOM and was the sequel to a much, much more successful and popular movie than The Incredibles was. Hell, Frozen couldn't do it, so why would Incredibles? If Incredibles 2 manages 1B, that's amazing for it.

• Like 1

Would have to believe it hits at least 400 OS, but not sure if it will beat Dory OS. The original adjusted (375m) should be the target DOM if marketing and reception deliver. If it's more of an MU level of quality, then maybe something more around 330-340. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

This is going to be the biggest film of summer 2018, imo.

So then I'm guessing  you're expecting 450+? That's asking for a pretty huge admission increase when the only Pixar sequel to ever have a notable admissions increase was TS2, and not by as much as that would be for Incredibles 2. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So then I'm guessing  you're expecting 450+? That's asking for a pretty huge admission increase when the only Pixar sequel to ever have a notable admissions increase was TS2, and not by as much as that would be for Incredibles 2. 

I can agree. IW will be lucky to do $450M DOM and JW2 can take a dive.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I can agree. IW will be lucky to do $450M DOM and JW2 can take a dive.

Even if both of those defied all odds and both missed 400, I'm still not sure I2 would win. I really think the original adjusted is about as high as it can go if everything goes right. Look at it this way: TS3 and Dory turned out about as good as could have  possibly been expected, yet neither managed an admissions increase (or if TS3 did it was very minor). 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Even if both of those defied all odds and both missed 400, I'm still not sure I2 would win. I really think the original adjusted is about as high as it can go if everything goes right. Look at it this way: TS3 and Dory turned out about as good as could have  possibly been expected, yet neither managed an admissions increase (or if TS3 did it was very minor). 

Toy Story (thus far) has been the only Pixar franchise to increase their admissions with each successive entry (going up by roughly 4 million admissions each time). Dory had a very minor decrease in admissions, while the Cars have decreased sharply with each entry (though the delta is decreasing). Monsters U went down quite a bit from Monsters Inc.