Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Dory truly had an Octopus drive a truck. I don't understand your love for it.

Hardly the first absurd imagery in a Pixar film. Perhaps complaints could be made about why it didn't work thematically (which I'll disagree with) but it's not a reason to knock off points in itself, imo. 

Edited by tribefan695

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Dory truly had an Octopus drive a truck. I don't understand your love for it.

Oh god, this again? Toys driving a truck will always be more unbelievable than an Octopus driving one, so please lodge your complaint with the correct Pixar film if that's what you're so hung up over. 

Less boring Nemo/father scenes retreading into familiar territory and more Dory quest for her parents and a deeper focus on her condition would have improved the movie about 10 times. Didn't mind the octopus driving the truck.

On 7/15/2017 at 1:13 PM, Subzero said:

Enjoyed the first one very much, can't wait for this one.

Although after 14 years and in the midst of a very crowded superhero year -- $400M Dom will be tough.

High 300s up to low 400s is where I am on this one for now.  Opening and legs somewhere in between Minions and Dory, 120*3.3 or something around there.

• Like 1

I used to hate The Incredibles so much based on previews, I don't even remember why, I almost dragged myself to watch it in theaters. Then I had to admit it wasn't as bad as I irrationally dismissed it sight unseen. Same with Ratatouille. I was fascinated how their storytelling skills and cinematic craft could win me over even if I wasn't open at all for the concept initially, they could turn every concept into bonafide gold animation classic. But since Cars, I just gave up on Pixar movies as a mandatory viewing, it's been a formulaic fall from grace.

That's what you get when you got spoiled on excellence on a regular basis, merely good don't really cut it anymore for the flagship of constant bullseye greatness, they lost that Midas touch as the magic fades out the worn-out seams started to show out. Monsters Inc must be my favorite followed by Toy Story trilogy but none of the Pixar sequels have screamed "must see" to me like it used to be.

Long story short, I don't anticipate The Incredibles 2 like I could have circa 2005.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1