CJohn

Monday Numbers (Spatula): Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 4.2M | The Purge Anarchy - 3.4M

I should clarify, I was talking more to do with summer where adult films experience less impacted weekend jumps

ah, gotchya. This is true even though it is all films in general including family fare which still have bigger weekend gains outside of summer. Family fare just has bigger weekend jumps at any point in the year, but these increases are more prominent in the summer season as the adult skewing films jump less. 

Edited by Clavius
  • Like 1

EoT and Godzilla are basically both getting Superman Returns into their respective milestones. They will die quickly after they get there. I won't be surprised to see them both completely disappear, Superman Returns style, after they pass the 200M and 100M. 

• Like 3

Also, the gap between Transformers and Cap is closing pretty quickly too. They're now only $2m apart, and with an onslaught of action films in the coming weeks, I'm not sure how well Optimus will stay afloat.

T4 will fall behind Cap by the weekend unless it has like a 20-25% drop and yeah not happening.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Transformers is now at 308 mill in China.  It will probably finish behind Cap domestically but the victory is how well it did WW, and not just China.  It has some very nice grosses in other markets as well.

• Like 2

Transformers is now at 308 mill in China.  It will probably finish behind Cap domestically but the victory is how well it did WW, and not just China.  It has some very nice grosses in other markets as well.

For personal and cruel reasons, I hope it gets to 320 at least.
  • Like 2

EoT and Godzilla are basically both getting Superman Returns into their respective milestones. They will die quickly after they get there. I won't be surprised to see them both completely disappear, Superman Returns style, after they pass the 200M and 100M.

TASM fans would like to thank Godzilla, EoT and HTTYD2 for existing this summer. We managed to save some face thanks to that disastrous trio!
  • Like 2

TASM fans would like to thank Godzilla, EoT and HTTYD2 for existing this summer. We managed to save some face thanks to that disastrous trio!

:rofl:It's sad but true. I'm so dissapointment in Godzilla's legs. Barely able to get passed 200M after the start it had is embarrassing, he'll being behind TASM2 is embarrassing.
  • Like 2

Did you save face though? None of those other films had a total budget of $330M+.
  • Like 1

It was 650M actually. Bite me. It still made more than Fatzilla.

Godzilla actually made a profit, that's what matters. (Even if a movie makes 1b dollars it can still lose money if the budgets around 450-500m for example.)That's why TFiOS was actually the most profitable movie of this summer, which makes it one of the biggest successes of the summer.Sure 700m is more impressive than 550m, but a studio would rather have a 550m movie make a profit than a 700m movie that loses money.
  • Like 1

It's a shame that the worst movie of those 4 ( and it wins with a big margin ) will do better in box office.

Edited by chimpo
  • Like 4

Godzilla actually made a profit, that's what matters. (Even if a movie makes 1b dollars it can still lose money if the budgets around 450-500m for example.)That's why TFiOS was actually the most profitable movie of this summer, which makes it one of the biggest successes of the summer.Sure 700m is more impressive than 550m, but a studio would rather have a 550m movie make a profit than a 700m movie that loses money.

I loved Fault! Didn't read the book so was really taken aback by how good it was. Expected it to be hamfisted Nicholas Sparks material at best.
  • Like 1