Olive

Weekend Numbers...pg 29 (Lucy 44M, Herc 29...big drops for most holdovers)

Hmm. I am not sure if this opening is really about audiences desperately wanting to see Scarjo as a lead.

It's not a mega budget movie...sure it doesn't mean she's the Tom Cruise from 1980s/1990s of actresses, but you cannot deny she's part of this success.I say...this says she can open a movie. Not any movie...but she can certainly open one. This isn't a "insert any actress it does the same money" situation.
  • Like 1

I saw Lucy at 3:30 today, theater was 2/3 full out of over 400 seats. The reactions after it ended seemed to be either positive, or confused. I didn't hear any really negative reactions.

Personally I loved it, although I would have changed the last few minutes slightly.

I'll almost certainly see it again on a discount Tuesday. :D

Edit: I have to add this. I've always thought Analeigh Tipton would be hot as hell if she put on a few pounds, and it looks like she has. I wish she had a bit more screen time in Lucy

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 1

Hmm. I am not sure if this opening is really about audiences desperately wanting to see Scarjo as a lead.

Of course you think that

Posted Image

Edited by Sam
  • Like 4

Makes no difference. She has now opened a movie based solely on her name. 

• Like 2

In the Age of social media, it actually does. 

Sorry but Majority of people still go by word of mouth , not word of post, not word of tweet, and not word of like, it takes a while for people to call their friend, hang out again, and decide do you want to see so and so with that chick in it. "Well so and so said" etc

• Like 1